Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with ID and care of Brom

Posted by CorpsmanCooper none (My Page) on
Wed, May 25, 11 at 14:53

Ok so I finally figured out that the plant that I have is a bromiliad but now the question is what kind? I believe it's a Neo Fairy Dust but correct me if I'm wrong. I got this plant from my grandmother's neighbor and I don't know exactly how to care for it. I know it doesn't like direct sun and the tank needs to be full but other than that I haven't got a clue. Also, it seems to flowering. Does that mean it's going to die? I've already retrieved a pup from it and re-potted it. I've included some pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with ID and care of Brom

Hi everyone,

CC, (I'll call you that,saves typing),you are correct when you say your plant is a Neoregelia but it isn't "Fairy Dust" (see pic on the FCBS Photo Index "http://fcbs.org/pictures.htm."

If you have the time to go through all of the pic's in the Photo Index you may find it, but only if it has been registered. There are many Neo hybrids that have similar marking to the one in your picture and two which come to mind are Cracker Jack and Charm and also I have one which is a hybrid between the two, so I think you will have along search.

As for information on how to care for it, well that's easy; open up the FCBS site "http://fcbs.org/", scroll
down the index on the left of the home page and click on "culture" and all your questions should be answered.

All the best, Nev.

o
RE: Help with ID and care of Brom

Thank you very much for the help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here