Orlandianas starting to flower

avane_gw
13 years ago

Some of my Ae orlandianas are coming into flower and I took some pictures today

Aech Rainbow

{{gwi:463678}}

Aech Gold Tone

{{gwi:463681}}

Aech orlandiana (Erina). I got this one from a friend but it looks quite different than mine.

{{gwi:463684}}

Aech orlandiana (Lyn). This one also I got as orlandiana from the lady where I got most of my broms

{{gwi:463686}}

Aech Ensign

{{gwi:463688}}

And then one not flowering, but got very nice colour as we are getting cooler temperatures now - Aech White Knight

{{gwi:463690}}

And then two group pictures

{{gwi:463692}}

{{gwi:463693}}

I'll try and get some pictures later and post them when they are fully in bloom.

Japie

Comments (8)

• brom-nutter
    13 years ago

VERY NICE!! Japie.
    I also really like orlandiana and its hybrids.
    Love the White Knight.

Cheers Richard

• vriesea
    13 years ago

Yes ,the " White Knight " gets my vote as well Japie ,but they are all very good ,thanks for sharing ,
    Jack

• brom-nutter
    13 years ago

Just thought I would share a couple of mine.

{{gwi:463695}}

{{gwi:463697}}

{{gwi:463699}}

• paul_t23
    13 years ago

Hi Japie, hi Richard,

Just love those orlandianas, thanks for sharing them. So much variation and so much colour!

Japie, in your last pic, what is the pale one top and centre on the left-hand stump? Is that a recent placement, or does it hold that pale colouration in the sun?

Also, am I right in assuming that the tall one on the right in your second last pic is a straight fosteriana? If it is, it looks a lot more vigorous than mine and we're both coastal at about the same latitude. I think I might have to try mine in a different spot - maybe I'm growing it a bit too hard.

Interested in your thoughts. Cheers, Paul

Cheers, paul

• avane_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Paul, the pale one is a young Bert. I put it there a couple of months ago after I saw a nicely tanned one here on GW. If you look on the top of the right, front sleeper - between orlandiana and Ensign - there's an even newer addition, Aech Snowflakes. I am very curious to see how it is going to behave there!

And yes, that's a straight fosteriana. It's been there for a couple of years, but recently I added a little mist sprayer which goes off every morning for a couple of minutes. And the effect on the fosterianas was remarkable!

Aech fosteriana
    {{gwi:463701}}

Japie

• paul_t23
    13 years ago

Hi Japie,

Thanks a lot for the info. From what you have said, I think I might do a bit of fiddling with the watering system for my fosteriana. Those ones of yours are sure giving that tree a good hug!

I've spotted that new 'Snowflake' now as well. If it is the same clone as the one I have here, and it looks pretty similar from what I can see, then judging by the nicely cooked colours on your other's nearby it should end up flushed with pink like this one
    {{gwi:455432}}

I just love seeing how these plants develop in different conditions. They give such great value and it will be really interesting to see what your one does. Keep us posted!

Cheers, Paul

• malleeaustralia
    13 years ago

Great pics folks - I cant get enough of the different Orlandianas so is great to see all yr great pics and read the info. Ill be back tomorrow to check this and paul_t23's other post on "bert" again when Im more awake. Hopefully some sun will come out tomorrow so I can take some pics to add as as Paul says - its great to see these plants in different conditions.

thanks for sharing
    Kristan

• bob61
    13 years ago

Japie Your orlandianas are beautiful. I really like your black ones and the Ensign in the last pic. Ension has always been a challenge for me. Nice wood for your mountings to.

Best Bob

Sponsored
More Discussions