Garden plants beneath shade cloth NE corner

Ae. Pie near frog pond

Rainbow Lorikeets on feeding table

North east shade cloth covered garden

Ae. Recurvata - Front garden

Back garden looking south east

NB

Portea Petropolitania Extensa

Finally, my faithful old 16 Y.O. mate who helps me with the gardening.

Clyde the Wonder Dog

All the best, Nev.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few pic's for Kathi

Nev,
Lovely pics as usual. I am not sure your "old mate" is old as he is still in a baby seat!!
Dooley.

o

OMG,these are like pototato chips,can't pick just one.I've never seen so many beauties in one place.Thank you for sharing with me.

I love that #11 with the orange flowers,it reminds me of the one i have with the purple flowers.........And those bird,are those parrots?? Very colorful!! And i love the one just showing the birds head and eyes,you're quite the photographer!!

Your mate there looks like he's enjoying watching you work.
TFS
Kathi

o

Nice pics! Love those birds! Where are you located?

o
Got it! You're from Australia. Nice weather there!

o

Good morning everyone,

I forgot to mention when I posted the pic's that if you hold your curser over the pic, the name will show.

Kathi, The plants in pic #11 are Aechmea recurvata; it's a pretty common plant and grows best in full sun. Looks best in a mass planting when all the leaves colour up. By the way the flowers are mauve/light purple so your plant could be the same one.

The birds are Rainbow Lorikeets, non destructive and very beautiful but very, very noisy at feeding time. The bird with the black and white head is "Jacko" our tame Magpie who comes in every day and gets hand fed little bits of mince meat. That day he thought he'd just check out my camera which I was using at the time to photograph the lorikeets.

Hi Dooley good to see you here, don't see many of the others very often now except HDD. My "old mate" came into the garage one day when I was tidying up a few things and that old car booster capsule was on the floor. He just made himself comfortable in it and now when ever I go in there to do some work he looks up at it and barks until I put it down for him to lie in. Its probably more comfortable for his old bones than the concrete floor.

Yes tivo I'm from Australia, on the south east coast about an hour or so south of Sydney.

All the best, Nev.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here