Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dyckia choristaminea

Posted by gonzer (My Page) on
Sat, May 30, 09 at 17:32

I guess the photo at FCBS doesn't show the fully formed flower stalk. This is a neat plant.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dyckia choristaminea

Yes, this flower is a typical one.
Dyckia choristaminea is a very interesting plant. The first one and the type form was found within the largest city in South Brazil region, Porto Alegre. It was found in Morro da Polícia (Police Hill) and Morro do Sabiá (Wag tail bird Hill). The instalation of Antens for comunication extermined the last residents plants. Even so the plant was found in many other areas around Porto Alegre. The Northernmost variety is also the most beautiful. It is much more colorful and smaller and the flowers are even a deeper shade of yellow. Here a link to see these plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dyckia Brazil

o

Gastaldi, thank you for the great information!
The link is the best I've seen on the genus.

o

Gonger, Thank you. I am just showing what I have in my garden and telling what I know and sharing many doubts. We have lots and lots to know about Dyckias.We have only just begun.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here