o
Wowzers! S/H from FL, whatsupwiththis?

Posted by gonzer (My Page) on
Thu, May 13, 10 at 19:02

$44 for shipping? har-dee-har-har.

Here is a link that might be useful: Linky-poo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wowzers! S/H from FL, whatsupwiththis?

Welcome to my world, Gonz. For some reason it doesn't cost me that much to send a parcel to the Mainland, but if I try to order something sent here? S&H up the wazoo! I don't get it.

o

I guess if you do a Phyto Cert, like your supposed to, it costs more?

o

Hey Gonzer, If you want one that bad I'll grab one of a tree for you, Only $43 shipping! No seriously want one?

o

I'm not even talking about phytos, Nick, just basic shipping costs for general merchandise from mail order companies. Even the ones that say "free shipping", that generally doesn't apply to us. But yeah, a phyto does cost extra, and we can't get anything through ag inspection without one. Not worth it for one plant at a time, only large orders.

o

I think the weight must be entered wrong. Sellers other listings don't indicate shipping that high.

o

Yea Gonzer I just mailed a box of plants to florida and it was $40 and a few cents. I asked the clerk if prices had gone up and yes they have. the trick is that you have to stay under 2 ft. are the price will sky rocket. The weight didn't have much at all to do with it. It's the size that matters.

o

I asked the seller directly (but nicely Photobucket) but her answer was very vague. In fact I asked about 3 of her auctions and never got the straight poop. I believe the practice is called "circumventing e-bay fees".
Thanks but "No" Kyle, I just like looking at the menu from time to time.

o

Yes ,well part of the problem is the size of parcels ,happens here in Oz as well ,its called " volumetric conversion " sometimes a couple of centimetres can double the shipping costs ,we now have a list from the Post Office that lists sizes for prices ,so we can very acurately list shipping costs ,its available from their website ,yes weight does not always come into it !
Jack

o

I emailed the seller and they corrected it with a nice apoligy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here