Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just Because - Tillandsia botteri

Posted by rufino z10 Florida (My Page) on
Mon, May 3, 10 at 20:28

I'm posting the image below just because I'm so happy with the performance of this plant. Here in south Florida, it just grows and grows with very little care. It sits in a large tray in a west-facing carport without any soil or pots (the pots in the image are there solely to hold it upright for the photograph).

I do have one question, however. Does anyone know why the smaller pup (on the left) would flower before the larger pup? It doesn't seem to make sense that the larger, more mature pup just keeps getting bigger and bigger while it's little sister feels compelled to flower.

Kind regards,
Rufino
South Florida

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just Because - Tillandsia botteri

It's something that can happen from time to time Rufino. I've noticed that temperature fluctuation can often be the culprit.

o

• Posted by rufino z10 Florida (My Page) on
    Tue, May 4, 10 at 21:19

Gonzer, I think you might be on to something. The pup that's flowering faces the sun (and so gets warmer than the larger pup, which faces away from the sun).

o

It's a good looker. How big is it?
-andy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here