Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID for an Aechmea

Posted by dooleybugs01 (My Page) on
Fri, May 14, 10 at 20:43

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has seen or know what this aechmea is below. Some has told me it may be a hybrid linked to Aechmea Royal Wine.

Photobucket

Thanks
Dooley.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID for an Aechmea

I can,t really help you there Dooly ,but looking closely at the plant it has some very soft silver grey barring on the foliage and that probably came from Ae, fulgens ' discolor ' so yes a link to ' Royal Wine ' is very plausible and it looks like that type ,i do like its green on green variegations ,very fresh and clean looking ,
Cheers
Jack

o

Hi Dooley

I think that may be Ae. Compacta variegated ??

Pinkbroms

o

thanks jack
for now i think i will put on the label " A.Port Wine x ?".
Uncle Derek told me to put it in a bin but i think i will hold onto it for a bit longer.
Dooley

o

Hi Dooly,
I think i would put a lot of stuff in the bin long before i would put that in the bin , bit silly handing out that sort of advice when its a very nice plant ,i would be happy to give it space any day ,yes the flower spike is a bit sparse ,but you would grow that for the plant itself anyway , it would look great alongside of Ae ' Fosters Favorite Favorite ' and Ae fulgens discolour Variegata etc ,
Jack

o

There was a bunch of variegated Ae. compactas for sale at our society meeting on Thursday and they didn't look like that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here