Thank you.

{{gwi:466096}}

{{gwi:466098}}

Xuan

Comments (10)

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi xuan,
    I would say the first one is a Vriesea and the second a Guzmania, as for their individual names, I'll leave that to our GW experts in this area.

All the best, Nev.

• haxuan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you, Nev.
    I was waiting for more people to chim in... but...Well...
    Thanks again.

Xuan

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi Xuan,
    Don't give up just yet, you still could get more feedback. What about you pinkbroms,can you help?

All the best, Nev.

• sdandy
    14 years ago

Yeah, sorry Xuan, I'm a beginner and really am not good at vrieseas and guzmanias. Also commercial hybrids aren't necessarily registered or even published. Did they come with any tags that had what nursery or anything like that? Sometimes the original nursery will have lists of the hybrids that they grow.

• janspride
    14 years ago

Hi Xuan, I am pretty sure the second one is guzmania mango. The first one looks like vriesea splendens, but I'm not positive of that. Has the red spike opened up with any yellow flowers from the side/ If so, that will identify it better. ALl the best, Jan

• coffeemom
    14 years ago

Good morning haxuan. If the first one is an amazing goldish orange and yellow,it's like the one I bought this year marked "vriesea hybrid". Sorry, no help.
    I have to tell you the words on your My Page are words to live by.
    "In fact, if I can't visit my garden for a day, I'll feel miserable !"
    I totally agree and am off to "walk the garden".

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi janspride,
    Welcome to our friendly forum. It's great to see another Aussie join our ranks.

Where abouts are you in Aus? I'm on the coast south of Sydney are you by chance anywhere near there?

I hope you have a very enjoyable time on our forum, all the best, Nev.

• janspride
    14 years ago

Hi Nev, and all on the forum. Pleased to find such a helpful site and sounds like a great lot of people. I live in the hinterland at the Gold Coast. We have a subtropical climate but have experienced one major frost which did a lot of damage to my broms etc. Look forward to keeping in touch. All the best, Jan

• paul_t23
    14 years ago

Hi Jan, welcome! Cheers, Paul

• pinkbroms
    14 years ago

Hi Guys
    Splinter thanks for the thought, but I'm not much into I.D of these newer hybrids as quite often they're bred in EU. by the millions, sent out all over the world & given names by the various sellers, not necessarilly by the breeder, therefore these plants could be trading under multiple names in as many countries. The breeder needs to do the rego. & then maybe we could keep track of them. Then China stepped into the game,more tissue culture, more millions, more names.
    Sorry they're not in any brochures I've got. I'll keep an eye open though.

Pinkbroms

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz
More Discussions