Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fosterella penduliflora

Posted by brom-nutter (My Page) on
Thu, May 14, 09 at 22:48

Hello again - What a surprise!

I managed to grow a very weak F. peduliflora and it finally flowered, now to my great surprise a seed has grown from the bottom of the pot next door and growing better than ever?

any comments would be appreciated - Cheers Richard

Mother plant

Photobucket

Seedling coming out of the bottom of pot next door.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fosterella penduliflora

Looks like it has found some prime habitat - maybe the start of a new trend? Just think of all the possibilities for new hanging arrangements!

o

Sure looks happy there. Do they like to have nice and moist soil like crypts? I would sign up for that trend if my plants would be that happy.

o

Ha! Sure looks good, and happier than its parents. You going to leave it there, Richard?

K

o

Hi Kez, I dont dare touch it.
It seems to be doing fine on its own.

o

Hi Richard,

I think it's trying to tell you it likes that part of the mixture the best.

Do you put polystyrene in the bottom of the pot or perhaps a secret new ingredient.

Or is it the accumalated fertilizer in the bottom of the pot or just the dampest part of the potting mix.

Whatever it is, you know what they say ....... "If it's doing well in one position, don't move it to another".

All the best, Nev.

o

Hi Nev, and thanks.
I think you are on to something, yes I do put polystyrene in the bottom.
It is defineately staying untouched.

Cheers Richard

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here