Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrisn82

Bromeliad Society Houston May Show (lots of pics!)

chrisn82
13 years ago

Comments (14)

• brom_adorer
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thanks chris, it was like being there! Isn't that one with the folded leaves interesting? (pic 19)
    BA

• bromaholic
    13 years ago

Very nice, thank you!

I particularly like how the broms are spaced on display, with ample room for each to shine and be viewed clearly. With name tags (I assume) presented at front for easy viewing also.

• stoney225
    13 years ago

Thank you very much. I enjoyed looking at all of them and wish I could have been there to see them in person. I'm sure it was alot of fun.

• bromadams
    13 years ago

The show winner, the one labeled xNeotanthus Blazing Bonsai, sure looks like Orthophytum 'Blaze'.

• malleeaustralia
    13 years ago

Thanks for sharing Chris - too many to pick out faves but Im looking forward to my minis clumping up like those.

cheers
    Kristan

• splinter1804
    13 years ago

Hi Chris,

It's great when people like you take the trouble to photograph the plants at shows and share them with the rest of us, especially the ones who can't be there.

It's wonderful to have technology where we are able to visit a show on the other side of the world without leaving our computer isn't it?

It's a well presented show with good spacing between the plants, and my favourite would have to be the Bil. Hallelujah X Brasiliensis.

Thanks for sharing,

All the best, Nev.

• User
    13 years ago

Boy, that 'Darth Vader' really has The Force behind it. That plant is beefy!

• chrisn82
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Correction on the show winner. I wasnt thinking and put it as a Neotanthus. Its an Orthotanthus. Blazing Bonsai is a Nat Deleon hybrid of Crypt. microglazioui and Orth. navioides. Unlike other navioides bigens, its pups branch outwards like Crypt. microglazioui.

Im glad everyone enjoyed the pics. I sure enjoyed the show. Im beat!

C

• turtlewalker
    13 years ago

Chris are all the dyckia's your plant?
    Great lookling plant.

• LisaCLV
    13 years ago

That Bill. Hallelujah x brasiliensis really jumped out at me too. The odds of having something like that bloom at just the right time for a show are pretty low, so I'll bet the owner was stoked!

• chrisn82
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes I am Lisa! :)

Len, many of the Dyckia are mine. I entered ten of them.

• vriesea
    13 years ago

Must say i am impressed with the Bill Halleluja x Brasilliensis , specially that it kept such a good flower spike as well , gets my vote !
    Jack

• sdandy
    13 years ago

Hey Chris, congratulations! I see a couple of those winners are your plants, but how many? 3? 4 trophies? Great looking plants. I'm not seeing the names on the hover/scroll over...what is the name on that hohenbergia? Nice spines on it. Thanks for the show.
    -andy

• chrisn82
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey Andy,

The 4th is Darth Vader. I was surprised how well I did. Gonna be a better next yr!

That Hohen is unIDed from Brazil from Guy. Ive got one too but the one he sent me wasnt as nice.

C