Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bromeliad Society Houston May Show (lots of pics!)

Posted by chrisn82 (My Page) on
Sun, May 16, 10 at 23:35

Man what a weekend! I'm beat! Enjoy the pics guys. I only took pics of stuff I liked. If I don't list the names, it means I don't know what it is and took it just for balance. Hover over the image for the name.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Head table

Head table

xNeophytum Burgundy Hill

Bill. Afterglow x Domingos Martins

Bill. Ali'i cv. The Big Kahuna

xCanmea Galaxy

Neo. Tiger Cub

Dyckia South Bay

Photobucket

Photobucket

Orthophytum saxicola

Photobucket

This is a Vriesea!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Neo. Wild Tiger

Neo. Wee Willy

Neo. melanodonta

Neo. lilliputiana

Neo. Hawaiian Rainforest

Photobucket

Aech, brassicoides

Till. tectorum

Bill. Darth Vader

Dyckia Arizona x Brittle Star

Dyckia Dakota

Dyckia Brittle Star F3

Till. complanta

Ortho. benzingii

Crypt. microglazioui

Bill. Hallelujah x brasiliensis

Crypt. warasii

Crypt. leopoldo-horstii

And the Best in Show winner.
xNeotanthus Blazing Bonsai

The Tillands are for you Stoney!

C

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bromeliad Society Houston May Show (lots of pics!)

Thanks chris, it was like being there! Isn't that one with the folded leaves interesting? (pic 19)
BA

o

Very nice, thank you!

I particularly like how the broms are spaced on display, with ample room for each to shine and be viewed clearly. With name tags (I assume) presented at front for easy viewing also.

o

Thank you very much. I enjoyed looking at all of them and wish I could have been there to see them in person. I'm sure it was alot of fun.

o

The show winner, the one labeled xNeotanthus Blazing Bonsai, sure looks like Orthophytum 'Blaze'.

o

Thanks for sharing Chris - too many to pick out faves but Im looking forward to my minis clumping up like those.

cheers
Kristan

o

Hi Chris,

It's great when people like you take the trouble to photograph the plants at shows and share them with the rest of us, especially the ones who can't be there.

It's wonderful to have technology where we are able to visit a show on the other side of the world without leaving our computer isn't it?

It's a well presented show with good spacing between the plants, and my favourite would have to be the Bil. Hallelujah X Brasiliensis.

Thanks for sharing,

All the best, Nev.

o

Boy, that 'Darth Vader' really has The Force behind it. That plant is beefy!

o

Correction on the show winner. I wasnt thinking and put it as a Neotanthus. Its an Orthotanthus. Blazing Bonsai is a Nat Deleon hybrid of Crypt. microglazioui and Orth. navioides. Unlike other navioides bigens, its pups branch outwards like Crypt. microglazioui.

Im glad everyone enjoyed the pics. I sure enjoyed the show. Im beat!

C

o

Chris are all the dyckia's your plant?
Great lookling plant.

o

That Bill. Hallelujah x brasiliensis really jumped out at me too. The odds of having something like that bloom at just the right time for a show are pretty low, so I'll bet the owner was stoked!

o

Yes I am Lisa! :)

Len, many of the Dyckia are mine. I entered ten of them.

o

Must say i am impressed with the Bill Halleluja x Brasilliensis , specially that it kept such a good flower spike as well , gets my vote !
Jack

o

Hey Chris, congratulations! I see a couple of those winners are your plants, but how many? 3? 4 trophies? Great looking plants. I'm not seeing the names on the hover/scroll over...what is the name on that hohenbergia? Nice spines on it. Thanks for the show.
-andy

o

Hey Andy,

The 4th is Darth Vader. I was surprised how well I did. Gonna be a better next yr!

That Hohen is unIDed from Brazil from Guy. Ive got one too but the one he sent me wasnt as nice.

C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here