Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haxuan

The mount is done!

haxuan
13 years ago

I have the chance to put all my tillandsias and cryptanthus on the tree mount today. Here're some photos to share with you.

{{gwi:466367}}

{{gwi:466368}}

{{gwi:466369}}

{{gwi:466370}}

The Linseed oil isn't available locally so I just left the tree alone.

Thanks for looking.

Xuan

Here is a link that might be useful: The tree before

Comments (11)

• splinter1804
    13 years ago

Hi Xuan

It looks great and really fits in well. In fact it looks so natural it looks like it's been there forever.

Great work.

All the best, Nev.

• paul_t23
    13 years ago

Hi Xuan, that really does look great, thanks for sharing it. Cheers, Paul

• sunshine_qld
    13 years ago

That looks great Xuan

• brom_adorer
    13 years ago

thats a great lump of wood there Xuan! Where did you get it? I love the big pink edged Crypt at the bottom. Such alot to see on your tree, with all the gnarly bits and gorgeous plants. What type of timber is it?
    I read your last post about wether to treat the wood, as I too recently scored a nice gnarly root peice. I used vege oil on the bits I want to see, but didn't oil the bits I want to cover with plants. My wood is red, and when oiled, it has gone very dark brown. So I am going to leave it for awhile to let the oil soak in, or dry out a bit.
    I'll leave it above ground (no concrete) as it sits nicely, and being hardwood should last awhile. I'm in two minds about mounting plants on it, as it looks really nice on its own.
    Thanks for the pics and inspiration
    BA

• rickta66
    13 years ago

Xuan,

Your tree has come up very nicely, your Crypt Elaine looks good - it looks like you have planted it in a mix, it will die when grown as an epiphyte.

Cheers,

Rick

• frangipani_56
    13 years ago

I want one.So well done Xuan,thanks for showing us.

• splinter1804
    13 years ago

Hi everyone,

Brom_adorer, you say that you recently scored a nice gnarly root piece of timber also, how about some pic's?

Haxuan showed us hers so you should do the same so we can all have a look.

Waiting in anticipation, all the best, Nev.

• User
    13 years ago

Haxuan, you did a splendid job! I love the contrast between the deep green tropical foliage and the gray tills.

• kerry_t_australia
    13 years ago

Another vote of admiration from me Xuan. Your living sculpture is a wonderful work of art!

Yes - good idea to keep those Crypts in pots. And it looks like your sculpture sits on the concrete ground nice and firmly, with no need to bury the lovely roots in rocks.

Long may you enjoy it!

K :)

• coffeemom
    13 years ago

I bet you had a great time creating this! It's a work of art for sure. I liked the before and after pictures.
    Awesome.

• haxuan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you so much for your compliments. I'm glad you like it.

Rick: I did planted the Crypt Elaine in some medium. Actually I just removed it from its pot (roots and all) and re-planted it in one of the cavities on the mount. I hope it will be OK there.

Brom_adorer: I got this "tree" from the dump near my home. I guessed it was discarded by my neighbor who, perhaps, had tried to root it but failed.

Kerry: though the mount can stand without support, my husband has planned to make a stand for it so that our dogs won't knock it down accidentally.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions