Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Extra info about Nidularium Miranda

Posted by splinter1804 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 10, 09 at 2:05

Hi everyone,
A short time ago someone posted a message asking for ID for a plant which turned out to be Nidularium Mianda.

I posted the little bit of info. I had at the time, but since then some more has come to light which I thought may be of interest.

The article and pic's below were in the July edition of the Illawarra Bromeliad Society's newsletter "Newslink".

The introduction is by Eileen Killingley our editor, the follow-up text by Nina Rehak herself and the pic's by her husband Jarka.

Nidularium Miranda
Photobucket

Nidularium Miranda (with green pup)
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

I hope you find this of interest, all the best, Nev.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Extra info about Nidularium Miranda

Nev - thank you for sharing this information.
Also, many thanks to Eileen, Nina and Jarka for putting the full story together of this wonderful nidularium cultivar. I do grow it, and am pleased to have its history. Very interesting, indeed!

Cheers,
Kerry

o

Thank you very much Nev, great to get the historical info and yes it was us who wanted the id for a friend of ours so will pass this all on. I see Peter waters name mentioned so gather thats how this plant has got around to some of us here in New Zealand

o

Nev,

Thanks for sharing the article with us, there is some great information in your Newslink. I've enjoyed reading a number of your articles over the last couple of years.

Cheers,

Rick

o

Hi Nev, same comments as Rick, from another Newslink lurker! Cheers, Paul

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here