Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul_t23

Can't believe it

paul_t23
14 years ago

Hi all,

For years I've been going to put up a fence to keep the deer out of my front yard. As many will know from my whinging. Finally, finally, after making arrangements 6 months ago, the fence is going to be started tomorrow and finished the day after. And you know what? Since the fence has been on its way, I have not had any major deer damage - for 6 months! Definitely a record! And my best-ever flowering of Vriesea philippo-coburgii's has stayed intact. And I've been thinking, hey, I'm gonna get to see them all the way through for once!

Until last night .....

{{gwi:468502}}

The rotten sods! Nyaaarrrggh! Its that time of the year when the buck deer rub the velvet off their new antlers by thrashing them around in anything branchy they can find - that's what has done this damage. Last year they totally destroyed a 2 metre high Grevillea doing the same thing, so I guess I'm lucky to only completely loose 3 spikes off the V. p-c's and have another 2 mashed ....... but with just 2 days to go until the fence is finished!!!!! Would you believe it!

When I get the fence in, I reckon I'm still going to put up "Eat more venison" signs around the neighbourhood. Won't do any good but hey, at least I'll get some satisfaction!

Cheers, Paul

Comments (2)