Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why does repotted Pineapple now have brown leaves?

Posted by lizzyloveslancer 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 12 at 16:32

I repotted my 3yo Pineapple plant grown from a top and put it outside for the summer. The leaves are turning brown now and they seem to be folding in half. It's been about 3 weeks since it was repotted and moved outside. I used miracle grow potting soil. What could be the problem and how can I fix it?

*it's not the leaf tips but the whole leaf turning brown. *newest growth is not yet affected.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why does repotted Pineapple now have brown leaves?

Is the soil holding too much water? I usually use a much looser mix than potting soil. More perlite, turface, grit and pine bark. How much sun is it getting?

tj

o
RE: Why does repotted Pineapple now have brown leaves?

It's in full sun and being watered daily just like it has for the last two summers outside. over watering could be the prob as it's in the "moisture lock" soil.

*pic shows a brown leaf and a brown & folded leaf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here