Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

It seems like everyone has left. Where did everyone go? Is there another bromeliad forum?

Comments (17)

• hotdiggetydam
    11 years ago

There are a few of us still here.

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

HDD, good to see you still checking in here.

Does Nev still come around? Do you have a copy of Nev's Guide referred to in the post linked below?

Thanks!
    Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Nev's Guide

• hotdiggetydam
    11 years ago

Hi Yard
    I dont have it but I will email Nev and tell him to check in here for your message :)

• pinkbroms
    11 years ago

Hi Guys

Nev's still about he's been having some computery thing problems, may need to try his 'mayailsa' address HDD.

• hotdiggetydam
    11 years ago

He was having health issue's last we spoke but I have sent him an email. I am sure when he can he will pop by this forum.

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Gonzer and all,

I completely understand. I routinely give my time on the Florida Gardening forum and sometimes the original poster disappears into thin air. :)

Thank you, all, for your help!

Carol

• splinter1804
    11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I still "pop" in from time to time however with an ancient computer(almost as ancient as me)I don't get onto the forums as regularly as I'd like to.

The few time I have dropped in there hasn't seemed to be too much happening and I thought maybe everyone had gone to the other forums or to Face Book.

Anyway, maybe I'll drop in more often if I can.

All the best, Nev.

Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL) thanked splinter1804
  • hotdiggetydam
    11 years ago

Hi Nev
    Glad you were able to pop in.
    Hi Gonz glad you popped in to and gave some of your wonderful answers. THANK YOU!

Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL) thanked hotdiggetydam
  • User
    11 years ago

No problem HD, stay cool!

Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL) thanked User
  • elpaninaro
    11 years ago

I am still around. Like gonzer- I am weary of people dropping in just to ask for free IDs and then not even saying thank you- to say nothing of the fact such people often have no intention of sharing their experiences for the benefit of all. Common issue with many hobby forums these days.

For the 2010 freeze in Houston, I was out of town and came home to a lot of dead plants covered in ice (had it not been for the big rainfall that froze over, most would have been fine)- including that awesome Aechmea Marcelino I posted here a couple of summers ago. Living back in Austin now and building up a nice collection again- but mostly offsets of collectible type stuff, so nothing blooming to post just yet.

Still- enjoy lurking and reading. The Aechmea spectabilis thread was helpful now that I have a young pup taking up an entire corner of the patio. For all the junk, there is still much good discussion here- and I am grateful for it.

Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL) thanked elpaninaro
  • hotdiggetydam
    11 years ago

You have zone 9 in Austin?

Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL) thanked hotdiggetydam
  • elpaninaro
    11 years ago

Good catch- forgot to change that when I moved back. Done!

Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL) thanked elpaninaro
  • splinter1804
    11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm afraid I'm missing all of the in depth discussions we previously had on this site and because of that I'm trying to stimulate a bit of discussion on the subject of "Promoting new roots on bromeliad offsets". I know it's been written about before, but as the years roll by and new things are investigated, maybe it's time for a re-visit.

Many growers have their own methods of doing this and I would like to see these methods shared here for all to see. Whether it's some "way out invention" or just a particular type of fertiliser, if it aids in the promotion of new roots on offsets, please share it with us all.

All the best, Nev.

Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL) thanked splinter1804
  • bradisha
    11 years ago

Hi Love The Yard I did not leave the Bromeliad Forum I check in/Lurk as often as I can. My excuse is I learned so much from this forum, thanks to HDD and all the other original members that my bromeliad collection has demanded
    so much attention (Enjoying the beauty, sharing with unexpected visitors,keeping it tidy etc)that my computer time is not what is was before. LOL Keep up the good works Hotdiggitydam I admire your dedication.

• hotdiggetydam
    11 years ago

Hi bradisha and thank you.
    Wonderful photo. With the storms that brush your area
    its great to see all is well

• Lnorigb
    10 years ago

perhaps the issue of folks not interacting as much as they could will be solved with the new forum changes? such as the ability to have replies emailed to you on a thread you started or commented on. Or more newbs, like myself, will bump older threads? assuming the authorities don't' take away my ability to peruse the old threads. =)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions