Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
splinter1804

two noids looking for a name mark 2

splinter1804
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

It looks like I've stuffed up once again. Not only have I managed to accidently delete the images from "Two NOIDS looking for a name", I now find I can't re-post them on that same thread. So here we go again.

Can anyone ID this unnamed Vriesea which I bought last year. It's nothing special, but there was just something about it that I liked.

{{gwi:471830}}

{{gwi:471832}}

This Billbergia I was given when I first became interested in bromeliads about ten years back. The lady who gave it to me didn't know the name and although I suspect it's a very common one, it always flowers at this same time every year and I still think looks good in a large clump.

{{gwi:471834}}

{{gwi:471836}}

{{gwi:471838}}

I was told once it could be Bill. amoena but there was nothing definite. The colour of the pink in the pic's isn't quite accurate as it's more of a soft salmon pink.

Any help would be appreciated.

The following answers were from Kerry

Posted by kerry_t_australia 9 (My Page) on Sun, Jun 6, 10 at 6:11

Not sure about your lovely huge clump of Billbergias, Nev. What a wonderful sight it is too. It might be a vittata hybrid, which is also flowering now in my neck of the woods. (excuse the pun, Nev!)

I am pretty sure though that your Vriesea is V. flava - a pretty species formerly known as V. morreniana.

K :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: Two NOIDS looking for a name clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by kerry_t_australia 9 (My Page) on Sun, Jun 6, 10 at 7:53

Not sure about your lovely huge clump of Billbergias, Nev. What a wonderful sight to see so many flowering at once. It might be a vittata hybrid, which is also flowering now in my neck of the woods. (excuse the pun, Nev!)

I am pretty sure though, that your Vriesea is V. flava - a pretty species formerly known as V. morreniana. I showed photos of mine once before on the forum, when you asked about another unnamed Vriesea of yours. This time round, I think this is it.

K :)

All the best, Nev.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions