Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Hybrid

Posted by splinter1804 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 1:46

Hi everyone,

Here's another of my hybrids which could turn out OK with a bit more maturity. The parentage is Neo.'Bea Hanson' x Neo.'Rosea Striata'.

All the best, Nev.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Hybrid

Nice Nev

o

Nev, the red stripes are always beautiful. I have to becareful here or my stripes bleach out.

o

I will be nice to see its colour in bloom.

o

Hi everyone - This is one of about eight that look OK but this one has the most colour and I'm hoping the centre will colour up as well when it's mature.

All the best, Nev.

o

Please keep us updated. Is that really a rich copper-red color or a trick of the camera/monitor?

tj

o

tsugajunkie - That is the actual colour, I'm pretty computer illiterate myself and I don't know how to alter the colour nor do I have the equipment to do it.

A friend told me the best way to tell if a pic has been digitally enhanced is to check the colour of the other plants around it especially the leaves because if you enhance a photo to make a plant look more appealing, you will also change all of the other plants in the pic as well.

That plant was one of eight, all showed the pin-striping and the colours ranged from light olive green right through to what you see here. I will post some more pic's when these plants are mature.

All the best, Nev.

o

Thanks Nev. I didn't mean intentionally altered, just that sometimes the camera doesn't capture colors right or the monitor doesn't show them right.

Beautiful plant.

tj

o

• Posted by rednofl 9b Goldenrod Fl hz (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 20:53

Very Nice Nev ...
My Rosa Lineata which I never bothered to look up looks just like that in some of its forms, sometimes it will have a red center sometimes it has more coloring like the Bea Hansen.
It is a prolific plant and can almost handle full Florida sun. I am slowly mixing it i in with My Ae. blanchetiana. It is one of my favorite broms.

This post was edited by rednofl on Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 19:26

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here