Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
devo_2006

Another correia-araujoi hybridising update.

devo_2006
14 years ago

Well itÂs been over a year since my last updateÂand with the recent post on 101 ways to pronounce corriea-araujoiÂIÂve been prompted to give an update on some of my neo c-a hybrids, so between showers of rain today I managed to get out & take a few picÂs.

HereÂs a couple of the c-a x Gold Fever hybrids, now just over 2 yrs old. This one is showing the most promise to date, it has the bright marmoration from Gold Fever, & looks to be developing into the proportions of c-a.

{{gwi:476805}}

This is another of the grex with darker colouring.

{{gwi:476808}}

Unfortunately itÂs decided to flower already, so I'm thinking itÂll soon be lawn mower food (but interesting that the flower is even marmorated). There have been a few in this Gold Fever grex that have flowered alreadyÂvery early for our growing conditions, considering they are only 2 yrs on from seed.

{{gwi:476810}}

My favourite out of the c-a hybrids so far is this one, selected out of the c-a x Barbarian grex. ItÂs got that nice uncluttered golden lime glow to the leaves, with the Barbarian style leaf tips, itÂs an eye catching combination, and already larger than the Barbarian parent. I'm looking forward to this one flowering to see how the colouration develops, I'm picking that the leaves will really colour up with that lovely Barbarian red glow.

{{gwi:476812}}

{{gwi:476813}}

One of my goals with these hybrids is to develop attractive, tough, large neoÂs to handle our temperate climate, & IÂm happy that theyÂve come thru one of our coldest winters without too much trouble so far, growing outside with no cover or shade cloth.

You can follow the links back to the start of this hybridising journey.

Here is a link that might be useful: June 2008 update

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz
More Discussions