Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics of Michaels hybrids???

Posted by neomea 11 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 08 at 7:33

Hi all

These are mostly Michaels hybrids...does anyone have any pics of the below?

CAROLINAE X PUNCTATISSIMA)X PUNCTATISSIMA (Skotak)

(CAROLINAE X CONCENTRICA) X (AMPULLACEA X FLUMINENSIS) (M KIEHL)

(CAROLINAE X CONCENTRICA )X(PAINTED LADY X JOHANNES RUBRA) KIEHL

LAMBERT'S PRIDE X CARCHARODON TIGER (M KIEHL)

LILLIPUTIANA X CARCHARODON TIGER (M KIEHL)

Thanks in advance!!

Dennis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics of Michaels hybrids???

I sure do.Will post them later

o

Thanks HDD!!!

o

neomea be patient hurricane Dolly is still hammering us with rain and lightning here on the Texas coast.
The Skotak hybrid is a very old one and I am not sure I still have that one. The others you listed are still variable grex and for that reason are not named yet. My personal favorite of your list is the clone I have of Lamberts pride X carcharodon tiger

o

Dennis, as HDD points out, when you see certain formulas like that on Michael's list (patricularly if they are Skotak's or his own crosses), chances are he's got many siblings from the same grex for sale. Of course he will cull out any crappy ones, but they can still vary quite a bit. Without seeing them face-to-face and pointing to the exact clone you want, it's kind of hard to know what you're getting.

Of course the most exceptional clones from any grex he will hold out to propagate, and those will eventually get named and released, so if you want to make sure you get the very best you have to wait longer (and pay the higher price!)

o

I agree with Lisa. New hybrids are often sent out to other growers to see how they perform in different growing conditions. I managed to get outside long enough to get these lambert X car tiger photo's. this is one form of that grex and approx 50% grown at 12 X 12 inches. Michael is going to get some more photo's as soon as he is caught up on orders and I will post them. They will be grex photo's
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

I've got a Neo. liliputiana x 'Tiger' that I got from Michael last year. It's still pretty good sized for a liliputiana hybrid. It's in a 5" pot.

Neo. liliputiana x 'Tiger'

These aren't on the list but these are 3 nice mini Neos. that I got from Michael last summer (growing in 4" pots). The first two are Michael's hybrids, the one on the right is one of Chester Skotak's. From left to right: Neo. 'Hannibal Lector' x punctate, Neo. liliputiana x 'Clarisse', and Neo. 'Hannibal Lector' x ampullacea x 'Blushing Tiger' I think they're all pretty cool!
3 MK hybrids, label view

top view
3 MK hybrids, top view

Paul

o

Thanks All!

To be honest I never expected lambert X car tiger to look like that...she sure is pretty!

Paul thanks for those pics. I dont know why but I have a soft-spot for the bandies!

Looks like I need to make a few purchases!

Thanks again.

o

Some of the LB X car I believe is banded.

o

Is that LB or LP HDD ? If there is a Lamberts Pride x car Tiger out there with the banding of Tiger, in the colouration of Lamberberts Pride...then I've just got to see it !!!

o

neomea here is the picture of the Lamberts pride X carcharodon tiger grex. The bright salmon hybrids are the pick of the lot and some have developed the tiger markings underneath. Time will tell with the pups what will be kept
Photobucket

o

Hi all,

I'm interest in seeing picture of this hybrid. Anyone have picture of it ?

(CAROLINAE X CONCENTRICA )X(PAINTED LADY X JOHANNIS RUBRA) KIEHL

Recently, i got a nice small offset with tag quoting this. ( Will post some pics later )

(CACHARODON X CONCENTRICA )X(PAINTED LADY X JOHANNIS RUBRA)

When i saw this one on the michael's list, i just wonder if the seller gave me a wrong tag.

o

Thanks HDD, they do look pretty varied! I think I must get one and save myself doing the X....

kxs: I ordered that plant and recieved it on a couple of days ago.....if you post your pic I'll be able to let you know if its the same plant....

o

kxs106 your plant should be either variegated or albomarginated. I will post a photo later today. They do vary in that grex. Cross was done about 10 years ago

o

Thank you Neomea and HDD.

This is the offset that i got from a seller here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Just got this Neo Lamberts pride X carcharodon tiger from Michael's last month. I am keeping it with the sun-tolerant neoregelais and it's colouring up nicely. I am glad that now I can add some colour to the green section of my bromelaid display. Thanks to Dennis and all!

Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Ah Thanks Lyndi ...thats a nice lookin plant!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here