Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vriesea

my vr. photos

vriesea
14 years ago

In case anyone is interested i have posted a quantity of photos on photo bucket ,and Kerry has posted some on the forums page ,look in 'my spelling' follow up but i see that most of you have found them allready,i must learn to do the posting however,as i would like to post photos of the 4 Vr.Aussie Beauties as well as the 4 beautyfull ladies that inspired the names,they have supported me to get out in the world,without them and their encouragement i would not have got out of my backyard,thank you ladies,i owe you all .

Comments (9)

• brom_adorer
    14 years ago

Hi Vriesea, if you have photo bucket already, you are one step closer to putting photos with your text. Just scroll over a picture you want to post,chose the HTML Code option, then copy and paste it into your text on garden web, at the point where you want the photo. When you preview the message, your pics will be there if it has worked.
    Good luck
    B_A
    PS, I love all your broms! I have seen a few of yours in a private collection up here in coffs. Drool, drool!
    (my V. 'Gulz')
    {{gwi:477342}}

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well thank you for the handy hint I will have to try that, it would be/could be so much simpler if on the side bar of the page it said;post photo ? then;photo bucket or or album ? then click on either one and bingo there it would be .

• brom_adorer
    14 years ago

yes, that would be too easy! I looked everywhere for instructions, and nearly went mad! When I had a whinge about it, some nice person gave me the instructions. It all looked a bit daunting, but I set up a photo bucket account and found the HTML code to copy, and off I went! Its very easy if you know what you're doing! he he.
    Have you had a try yet? Have you found the HTML code by placing the cursor over the picture in photobucket?
    Also, do you know how to open another tab/window while you are on the net? (in explorer)
    It would be much easier if i could show you! How about a cuppa and a tour of your broms in exchange for a picture posting lesson! he he. I can be there this weekend!
    B_A

• brom_adorer
    14 years ago

Oh hey, my V. 'Gulz' came from your stable I think! Tamera = Anniesam?

• anniesam
    14 years ago

Hi B_A Yes you got the right stable. I thought it was you when i saw you were in Coffs. Good to see you are happy with Vr Gulz, its one of my favs. You are welcome to visit anytime, just hope the rain stays away, we are still drying out.
    Tamera

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yes B.A you can visit and get a cuppa and if you show me how thats even better,but not essential.no i dont know how to open 2 windows yet , i tried but what i want and what happens are 2 totally things.

• sdandy
    14 years ago

Hey guys. A quick hint for opening multiple 'tabs' (which I prefer rather than multiple windows)...if you hold the control ('ctrl') button and hit the "T" it will open another tab in the same explorer window that you can go back and forth by clicking on each tab. It should work whether you are using internet explorer and mozilla firefox, probably google chrome too (but I can't say for sure).

And the HTML code is whole long line of text. Surprised me when I saw that I needed the 4 or 5 lines of it to post. So look for the box that has a bunch of text and try that one
    -andy.

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi Jack,

As a grower with extensive experience in the field of foliage Vrieseas, what would you recommend as a suitable fertilizer and/or growing conditions to enhance the foliage colour?

Any advice gratefully accepted, all the best, Nev.

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Nev,Vr,like very bright light in general,some like my Vr.Milky Way can take almost full sun ,for fertilizer i use the Osmocote pots and planter mix,i only put in a generous quantity when i repot or plant up pups ,and no more as its good for about 8-9 months, they are not sensitive to nitrogen like Neo's and Bill's but the tend to lose sharpness of colour here at sea level in summer due to extreme heat,mountain regions give best results because of that aspect or a bit more shade in summer,i dont bother as for 1, i am to lazy/busy; 2,i know what they look like and 3,i dont grow for shows,one thing that Vrieseas dont like is dry roots,keep them moist,they are gross feeders,i do not foliar feed semi to adult plants as it often triggers them in to flowering ,and for all plants if you increase the food than increase the light and the water ,light is the most important so sort by colour,the whiter the plant is the greater the light, then reds etc ,greens can take less and still look good ,Splendens and its varieties can take a surprising amount of light but medium light is best, so look at where you place them ok ? fertilizer does not seem to enhance colour(s) best of luck Nev , Jack

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions