Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to post a photo

Posted by hotdiggetydam (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 7, 08 at 10:18

1. Set up your private account with a free photo hosting site(like photo bucket or webshots)
2. Load your pictures to your photo site.
3. To post on GW, under each photo are several web addy's...the tagline is the one you need copy and paste
straight in with your written GW post. You can paste several photo's by repeating these steps. This does require
you have two explorer windows open at the same time. One with free photo account and one for GW especially if you post multiple photo's

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to post a photo

If you want to "own" your photos, then purchase an account on Amazon S3. It's much more complicated to use, but you get a lot more. It's not too expensive, my bill was 10 cents for June.

You can get a Firefox addon, S3 Organizer, which will help you upload photos, so it's fairly easy to use. You can host more than just photos of course.

o

Photobucket is not calling it TAG anymore, HDD. Look for the one that says HTML code (the third one down in the list). Just click on it and it will copy, then paste it directly to your message, but be sure to leave a space (start a new paragraph) between that and your text (or between 2 photos)or else it will all run together and stretch out the screen. When you preview the message you should see your photo. If you don't, you probably used the wrong code, so try it again before you click "submit".

o

Yes Lisa that was the old instructions I made before the change. I should have looked for the new one....I know I have posted that one at least twice before in this forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here