{{gwi:479594}}

{{gwi:446212}}

{{gwi:479595}}

{{gwi:479596}}

Comments (12)

• brom_todd
    14 years ago

Hi Gonz,
    those are some rather nice looking plants - I'd love to get results like those.
    Have these been fed with the 0-10-10 too? What sort of rates are you applying it at, and how often?

Cheers, Todd

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Todd, yes those are some of my 0-10-10 recipients fed every two weeks at half strength. These guys are part of the 1/2 of my collection being fed this food. They've only been fed 3 times so far. The other half of the collection is being fed Cactus Juice®, a 1-7-6. Arribella, Groovy and Wild Thing are in this group.

• LisaCLV
    14 years ago

They look healthy, Gonz, but kinda long and strappy for my tastes. If it were me I'd dial it back a few notches.

I can give you the correct spelling on a couple of those if you want, too. ;-)

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi Gonz,

It's always great to get new info on fertilizer trials with accompanying pic's to support the facts, and it's even greater when people like you are willing to share it with other growers.

Thanks for sharing with us, all the best, Nev.

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Some of those fellas are crowded Lisa but much of the strappiness is from last season's nitrogen-induced growth, I'm trying to arrange space but it's at a premium. And yes, lay it on me, which names did I hamburglerize?
    Nev, this is all fun trying to mix and match since feeding is far from an absolute science.

• LisaCLV
    14 years ago

Okay, Gonz, since you asked:
    #1 Caramba
    #2 Delicioso
    #3 must be so delicious that somebody salivated all over the name ;-)
    #4 Cariño (at least it looks more like that and not Carioca)
    #13 Hula Auwana
    #14 Alaka'i (a minor detail, perhaps, but makes a difference in pronunciation)

• brom_adorer
    14 years ago

Lovely Billies, I especially like B. 'Limestone'.
    B_A

• rickta66
    14 years ago

Gonzer,

Nice looking Bills, Darth Vader and Limestone would be my pick.

Please keep us updated on your trial results.

Thanks,

Rick

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Lisa, I typed the names in wrong , Carino is the right one 9I meant to type an "N" not a "C". #3 is regular 'Strawberry'. I will heed your advice about feeding and slow it down. One plant I didn't show which actually looks better than when I first got it is your own 'Watermelon Man'. On a hot day I get hungry just looking at it.

• stanofh 10a Hayward,Ca S.F. bay area
    14 years ago

I have strawberry-it looks more like the thinner outer shoots on yours,last month I took it off the porch,and now have it in the back yard where its getting direct sun.Just hasnt ignited it's growth.Its been too cool? or more fertilizer?

• catkim
    14 years ago

Wonderful colors! Do you apply the fert as a foliar spray, or what? Details, details! Since I never fertilize, I am a bit clueless on this. Don't want to poison them.

Gonz, if you are trying to make more space, you can always hand off some of the less successful experiments to me. ; )

• brom_todd
    14 years ago

Thanks for all the pics, details etc I'm always interested to see how other growers get their results.
    It'd be interesting to see what these plants are like after they've been on this fertiliser for a bit longer.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH
More Discussions