Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Summer shadehouse

Posted by bromeliaddict z6 MI (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 1, 10 at 16:52

...just to share- a couple pics of my hybrids enjoying the midsummer weather in my shade house.

PW hybrids June 2010

some of the same plants, more of a top view

PW hybrids June 2010 top view

It might amuse some of you in the tropics to hear that our morning low today was 51F. We missed our all time low for July 1 by only 3 degrees.

Paul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Summer shadehouse

Looking good Paul !

I like your pot hangers coming off the post...do you make those up or are they a standard product ?

Cheers, Andrew.

o

Andrew,
I got the pot hangers several years ago from the former "Southern Exposure" nursery in Beaumont, Texa. In our local society newsletter (July/August 2005) we printed instructions by Jack Reilly for making a jig to bend your own metal pipe. I'll have to see if I can figure how to post it on the forum.

Paul

o

Paul,
I bought a bunch of those hangers years ago and I want some more so bad. Did Southern Exposure go out of business? Isn't there anyone making them anymore?

Brenda

o

Brenda Southern Exposure closed several years back but I have seen those hangers on EBay. Southern Exposure was a nice day trip when it was open. oLots of habitat plantings back in the day.

o
RE: Summer shadehouse Hangers

Here is a source of Hangers that can be purchased at this time. thought you might want to look at them.

http://www.ebay.com

If you cut and paste into your favorite browser you should be able to find the eBay source of:
You also can cut & paste this to locate them. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Plant Pot Hanger Flwrs Bromeliad Orchid Holder Free kit on eBay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here