Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Broms in the 'wild'

Posted by bromadams 10b (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 7, 10 at 18:38

I went to Discovery Cove in Orlando and was surprised to see some decent bromeliads besides the typical Guzmanias and Neos.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Broms in the 'wild'

Hi everyone,

It's always great to see brom's in a garden setting and these are no exception. I especially like the Tillandsias in pic. 2.

Thanks for sharing them with us, they're a good eye tonic.

All the best, Nev.

o

Great looking plants. That is one well branched Vriesea and the duratii is definitely not lacking for moisture. Very well done
Best Bob

o

The xerographicas and the duratii really surprised me, almost as much as the free beer and the incredible number of UK and Australian visitors.

o

free beer? That accounts for the Aussies and poms! he he
Nice pics BTW.
Is Discovery Cove a resort/hotel/garden/nursery?
BA

o

Discovery Cove is part of SeaWorld, but a separate admission. They used to be owned by inbev and Anheuser-Busch before that. I think they got spun off and are now on their own.

Orlando is an odd place. There are three big resorts/theme parks: Universal, SeaWorld and Disney and they are all so much alike despite the different themes that you tend to lump them all together into just "Orlando". They must constantly steal each others ideas.

o

We have a sea world here too (Qld, Australia). I know it has a shark cove, but not sure about discovery cove. pretty sure theres no bromeliads there, or I would go more often!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here