Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looks like I ticked someone off

Posted by gonzer (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 08 at 19:10

E-bay sent me an alert stating that the seller of this plant didn't appreciate me asking why a 50 cent plant was selling for $50. Guess they didn't like my sense of humor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GEISHA-Bromeliad-A-RARE-FREAKISHLY-Beautiful-Plant_W0QQitemZ290247532969QQihZ019QQcategoryZ25463QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looks like I ticked someone off

What, you're not allowed to ask questions now?

"But what is truly remarkable are "Geisha's" flowers! A four phase spectacle lasting for months!"

Um........noooo....... they may last a bit longer than some Bills, but not much. Unless you have a big clump that keeps sending out more flowers, but even then they usually all bloom about the same time.

Hardly rare, in fact one of the least rare broms I can think of. Oh well...

o

• Posted by liatris FraserCoast,Qld (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 22, 08 at 20:05

Well that's just plain daylight robbery. It's people like that that compulsory paypal was designed for.

o

It is not nearly as nice as Strawberry Circles:), A lot of this guy/girls feedback looks bogus. most of the sales seem to go in groups of two/three to the same buyer. The feedback looks like it could have been written by the same person.

o

if it says rare I stop and think how rare can it be if 3 /4 sellers have it up on ebay, I may be new to growing Bromeliad but not to ebay and if a plant is that rare why do 3/4 sellers have it, I think any one thinking about buying should ask a question from the seller unless the seller has some thing to hide. so if enough people as questions maybe the bad sellers might go away

Bear

o

I reported them to Ebay as scammers

o

• Posted by liatris FraserCoast,Qld (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 26, 08 at 22:21

I couldn't find the right category. I'm glad someone did.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here