Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brom_bear

Down loading photos

brom-bear
14 years ago

Hi to all bromeliad addicts. Can anyone please help me to download some pictures on this site. I have already joined photo bucket but not sure how to do that cut and paste thing, I'm limited in computer skills. cheers shaine & michelle

Comments (8)

• coffeemom
    14 years ago

Here's our go-to manual on the Florida forum

Here is a link that might be useful: posting photos

• kerry_t_australia
    14 years ago

Hi Shaine and Michelle. Welcome to the forum (again?).
    I'll attach step-by-step instructions which I sent to our mate Nev, on how to upload photos to your GW messages.

STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPUTER DUMMIES (no offense!)
    Open your Photobucket account window.
    Make sure the tab "albums and upload" has been chosen. There should be a section at the top where it says UPLOAD images & video. Left click on the option (to the right) for "from: my computer".
    I set the size to - "reduce to 640 x 480 (Large)".
    Then left click on the choice "old uploader". I don't know how to use the bulk uploader version.
    Once you have done that, three blank lines, with "Browse" beside each line should come up.
    Left click on the first "Browse", and a pop-up should show of your computer files, similar to if you are attaching photos to an email. You can title each photo if you want, but it doesn't matter if you don't. Nor does it matter if you don't put them into a specific album. Mine are all in the same one.
    If you want to upload more than three images, left click on "+ add more".
    Once you have chosen which photos to transfer, left click on "UPLOAD".
    You will be informed when that has been done, and all going well, your uploaded images should then be visible below, in thumbnail format.

Now you are in business - ready to add as an HTML link to your GW post. As HDD has instructed, you need to have the GW window AND the PB account both available. You can do this by either having another window open at bottom of computer screen, or as an extra tab above. This is where it gets a little tricky for the first time, and it would be easier for me to talk you through it, as you are doing it. If you want to give it a try before then, you will need to hover your mouse (cursor) over the image you want to use, to see the options below each image. Left click on the third line which says HTML code, which will highlight that code, then right click without moving the cursor, and various options should come up on the screen for that image. Left click on "copy". Then go back to your GW page and message, and right click on the next line inside the "post message" box, but below your written message - otherwise the image will go to the side, and people will have to scroll from left to right to read and see your message and photos. When you right click, the option should be available to paste. Left click on "paste", and a whole lot of lines with weird numbers and codes will come up. Don't worry about that, as when you preview your message, the image should show as you want it. I usually space the photo links by a couple of lines (press the key "enter" to go to each next line).

I hope this helps! I look forward to seeing your photos.

Cheers,
    Kerry

• kerry_t_australia
    14 years ago

Ha! While setting these instructions up, Coffeemom has also sent clear instructions (thanks).
    You've got no excuses now!

K

• brom-bear
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Kerry yes its us again. I have been out of action for a while after my hip replacement and all our plants trashed by storms not to mention the shade house that buckled and squashed our broms and then just as we got our plants potted and looking half decent they got covered in sooty mould from nearby trees, but hey what can you do except start again. Anyway I will have some questions which I hope you & others can help me with. I have a new email address so If there is anyone that gave me seeds please get in contact with me as I would like to thank you and share seeds or seedlings with you. cheers chat soon.

• brom-bear
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ralph Graham French Maybe??

{{gwi:481204}}

This lovely pup has come up variegated. can anyone tell me if it will stay that way or revert back to the original form. I have noticed that the more mature leaves coming from the centre tend to be just green and white.

• vriesea
    14 years ago

Hi Brom-bear ,if i can post photos anyone can,no the help from my girls was great,its me thats slow,in regards variegated pups or not, most variegated plants are unstable ok? now with plants like Bill's and Ae's and Neo's (thats all i can speak for) what happens is that the variegations are carried either on the inside of the rhizome or the outside (seldom but sometimes both) now if a plain pup carries it on the outside ? it will throw variegated plants again ,if on the inside they generally are lost ,this is based on my observations of Aehmea's 'bert variegated'and Ensign' and its reverse ,also Neo's 'roy's special' and 'pemiento' amongst a few others, this may or may not apply to others i dont have that amount of time on my hands, and with some of these plants its a hit or miss job ,for Neo's it seems that the ability to variegate is almost part of there make up ,they adapt so easely ,Bill's it's still rare occurence there are very few ,Aechmea's only a few more, in the Tillandsiodea its very rare indeed and you may grow some seedlings that germinate variegated but most soon grow out of it, its more a spontaneous thing on a adult plant,in all cases if a variegated plant makes a plain pup remove asap label plant as coming of a var.plant just in case and let the plant make more pups,also for a lot of plants ,high nitrogen fertilizer will not help ,so dont use it ,allways try to propagate from the best variegated pups ,and with some as Kerry said,that's what they do ,also with some plants they are only variegated on top of the leafit may shine through to the underside but its not really there,in wich case you will nearly allways have a problem ,if it where easy? we'd be up to our eyeballs in variegated plants of all types and then the plain plants would be in big demand sorry if i have rambled on a bit. cheers Jack. p.s. with Vrieseas i just dont know its such a rare occurence .

• User
    14 years ago

Kerry, for bulk uploading left click plus 'Control' for each photo you want. This will highlight the ones you want. On the last photo you want do the same, left click + control, then right click it again and choose 'Select'. Voila!

• kerry_t_australia
    14 years ago

Roger that, Gonz - will do. Thanks!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions