Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need some Aussie help, please

Posted by coffeemom Broward z10 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 13, 10 at 20:30

I know we can grow broms but what other plants do you have that can grow in South Florida?
One of my garden buddies needs help at her zoo and posted this on the Florida forum. Any help you could give would be most appreciated.
Thanks so much

Here is a link that might be useful: Original post on the Fla forum

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need some Aussie help, please

Thanks for all your suggestions. You guys are the best!

(Also thank-you for sending over the Aussie hunk who stars in the TV series "The Glades")

o
RE: Need some Aussie help, please

Hi coffeemom,

I don't think Koalas eat bromeliads so I think you would be better asking members of the Garden Web Australia forum under "Australian native plants", or send an Email to Sydney's Taronga Park Zoo, they could better advise on suitable plants for Koalas because although they eat gum leaves, they only eat specific types.

Hope this helps,

Sorry everyone, I had to add the word bromeliads to make it all legal didn't I?

All the best, Nev.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here