Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pinkbroms

Bromeliads Under The Mango Tree

pinkbroms
14 years ago

Hi Guys

I have just received a copy of this new release book put together by Lynn Hudson, 64 pages, approx. 200 x 150 in size, written by John Catlan, titled 'Bromeliads Under The Mango Tree'.

This book is a compilation of a lot of articles written by John over the years of his thoughts & observations on growing bromeliads that have been printed in various Journals & has now been excellently produced into one book, it is an absolute must have, it answers a lot of your questions on watering, potting mix, light requirements, seed growing & so much more.

Keep an eye out for this one, well priced, worth having.

Pinkbroms

Comments (15)

• graykiwi
    14 years ago

Hi PB,
    Thanks for that, do you know who the contact is in Australia to get hold of the books ? Our NZ society members would no doubt be very interested if we could get some shipped over ASAP to distribute ?
    Cheers
    Graeme

• vriesea
    14 years ago

Yes come on Ross where do we get it ? should be worth having, Jack

• pinkbroms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Guys

The book will be available through your local society (Aus.) @ I believe around $15.00 Aus. RRP.
    Bulk & overseas orders direct from Lynn Hudson e-mail: lynnie@ledanet.com.au
    Graeme I'm sure Peter W. will definately get some over for us but give him a nudge for me anyway, I'm sure I have seen some of John's BUTMT articles in our N.Z Journal & now having them all in one book makes for a brilliant read.

Pinkbroms

• graykiwi
    14 years ago

Cheers for that, will get onto it at our next meeting.
    G

• catkim
    14 years ago

Oh, and I was hoping to see lots of photos of your bromeliads under your mango tree, darn!

• avane_gw
    14 years ago

Funny you say that Catkim, I was also eagerly hoping for a feast of the eyes under the mango tree!

Japie

• User
    14 years ago

"Oh, and I was hoping to see lots of photos of your bromeliads under your mango tree, darn!"
    Yeah, me too!

• brom_adorer
    14 years ago

Quadruple that!
    BA

• rickta66
    14 years ago

I was going to photograph some broms under my mango tree but it would be more dissappointing than no photo at all!

John has spoken at our Brom society meetings in Brisbane on a number of occasions, his talks are informative and he is a nice bloke to boot.

I'll pick that book up next time I see it.

Rick

• bromadams
    14 years ago

I can't say that it's all that great to have bromeliads under a mango tree. I spent a lot of time last winter cleaning rotting mango inflorescences and aborted fruit out of the few broms that I have under my neighbor's very expansive mango tree. But it gets better, now I have to do the "mango patrol" every morning to see if any mangoes have fallen and smashed into my broms.

• LisaCLV
    14 years ago

I was thinking the same thing, Nick. That wouldn't be my first choice for a growing location, but it does make a nice book title.

• bromadams
    14 years ago

{{gwi:481779}}

• lynnie98
    4 years ago

My email is lynnie@ledanet.com.au Including postage in Aust $15. Yes bulk orders available. Lynn

• splinter1804
    4 years ago

Hi everyone - i have that book and it's a great informative read and I can confidently recommend it to anyone learning about growing bromeliads.

There is also another little, inexpensive book that Lynn Hudson put together on growing bromeliads. Unfortunately I have lent mine to a friend and don't remember the exact name; (Maybe Lynn could tell us)

Although it doesn't have all the flash pictures that the more expensive books have, it's reasonably priced and a wealth of information and written in a manner that's not too technical. It's a great book for anyone just starting into broms as it explains all the important aspects of brom growing in simple, easy to understand terms, and I can highly recommend it.

All the best, Nev.

• lynnie98
    4 years ago

"Bromeliad Cultivation Notes" is bromeliad growing and cover the basics in easy to understand language. Posted it is $15. Yes I sell in bulk.

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor
More Discussions