Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bromeliads Under The Mango Tree

Posted by pinkbroms (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 19, 09 at 21:11

Hi Guys

I have just received a copy of this new release book put together by Lynn Hudson, 64 pages, approx. 200 x 150 in size, written by John Catlan, titled 'Bromeliads Under The Mango Tree'.
This book is a compilation of a lot of articles written by John over the years of his thoughts & observations on growing bromeliads that have been printed in various Journals & has now been excellently produced into one book, it is an absolute must have, it answers a lot of your questions on watering, potting mix, light requirements, seed growing & so much more.

Keep an eye out for this one, well priced, worth having.

Pinkbroms

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bromeliads Under The Mango Tree

Hi PB,
Thanks for that, do you know who the contact is in Australia to get hold of the books ? Our NZ society members would no doubt be very interested if we could get some shipped over ASAP to distribute ?
Cheers
Graeme

o

Yes come on Ross where do we get it ? should be worth having, Jack

o

Hi Guys

The book will be available through your local society (Aus.) @ I believe around $15.00 Aus. RRP.
Bulk & overseas orders direct from Lynn Hudson e-mail: lynnie@ledanet.com.au
Graeme I'm sure Peter W. will definately get some over for us but give him a nudge for me anyway, I'm sure I have seen some of John's BUTMT articles in our N.Z Journal & now having them all in one book makes for a brilliant read.

Pinkbroms

o

Cheers for that, will get onto it at our next meeting.
G

o

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 20, 09 at 13:00

Oh, and I was hoping to see lots of photos of your bromeliads under your mango tree, darn!

o

Funny you say that Catkim, I was also eagerly hoping for a feast of the eyes under the mango tree!

Japie

o

"Oh, and I was hoping to see lots of photos of your bromeliads under your mango tree, darn!"
Yeah, me too! Photobucket

o

Quadruple that!
BA

o

I was going to photograph some broms under my mango tree but it would be more dissappointing than no photo at all!

John has spoken at our Brom society meetings in Brisbane on a number of occasions, his talks are informative and he is a nice bloke to boot.

I'll pick that book up next time I see it.

Rick

o

I can't say that it's all that great to have bromeliads under a mango tree. I spent a lot of time last winter cleaning rotting mango inflorescences and aborted fruit out of the few broms that I have under my neighbor's very expansive mango tree. But it gets better, now I have to do the "mango patrol" every morning to see if any mangoes have fallen and smashed into my broms.

o

I was thinking the same thing, Nick. That wouldn't be my first choice for a growing location, but it does make a nice book title.

o

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here