Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bill Kuhlimannii

Posted by gardenbear1 5a (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 31, 11 at 21:57

Does any one grow this Bill??, I can't seem to find much information on it, is it a fast grower or slow grow, all so I would like to see a pic of a mature plant, if any one would like to share.
Thanks for all and any help
Bear

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bill Kuhlimannii

Bear I think the name Kuhlmannii was incorrect from the first time iw was used. Did you see the plant some where bearing this name?

o

I think so the correct spelling is Billbergia kuhlmannii. But I don't know to post my photo on this site. Please advise me.

o

Hi Gardenbear

For posting pictures try the following:

http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/pepper/2002072150000611.html

All the best, Nev.

o

I had seeds sent to me in the spring of 2010, that's the spelling they used, so the spelling I have is wrong,I did find it with the right spelling, I did get one plant to grow from seed its not very big after a year but there is a pup growing,am I doing some thing wrong ? it was hard to get a good pic its raining so this is the best I can do for now
Thanks
Bear

o

Its look like a normal billbergia seedling.
Did you ever find a picture of a mature plant tagged with same name?

o

I still haven't found a pic of a mature plant, Thanks for the help

o

This doesn't look like the plant I have. Mine has grey leaves. I would be glad to share a photo only I haven't figured out how to post one (anyone please help this newbie)?
My plant is one of my favorites. I had to manipulate things to figure it out. It didn't grow for a while until I placed it in full Mississippi sun. I got it as a small offset last year and I haven't got a bloom yet but I suspect that will be soon. I think it is an elegant and graceful plant. Can't wait for a bloom since these plants produce a stunning show but, alas, like most billbergias, they don't last long....the good part is you can enjoy the graceful shape all year long!

o

I think the concensus is...this plant often gets mixed up with B. brasiliensis
Here is a link to a photo you can cut and paste into your browser

http://fcbs.org/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi?
db=photo&uid=default&photono=2857&ww=on&mh=5&view_records=View+Records

o

Photobucket

Nice Bill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here