Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ralph Graham French Variegated

Posted by brom-bear (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 31, 09 at 22:10

Hi Thanks Kerry I think it worked with the photo. I have this great looking pup come up from the shabby looking mother plant. can anyone tell me if this is likely to stay variegated or revert back to it original form.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ralph Graham French Variegated

Well done on the photo posting, Shaine - that was quick!
Billbergia 'Ralph Graham French' is renowned for being an unstable variegate. I get similar results, with clumps having a range of variegation. Some pups are almost completely albino, and others in the same clump can have no variegation.
Your nice-looking pup should stay looking as it is, but might throw a non-variegated pup, maybe not. It seems to be the luck of the draw with this cultivar - without rhyme or reason.
I find those of R.F.G. that lose all variegation rarely throw any pups that are. I'm not sure if those should be named Bill. vittata (of which R.F.G. is a variegated sport and cultivar) or Bill. 'Ralph Graham French - Novar'. Anyone know?

Gonzer had a similar example of R.G.F. to Shaine's a while back, but I can't find that thread.

K

o
RE: Ralph Graham French Variegated

New photo Kerry.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here