Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rickta66

Random pics

rickta66
13 years ago

It is a nice post winter day so I dusted the camera off.

Alc. Peter Tristram

{{gwi:483610}}

Alc. heloisae coloured up nicely with a little sun and cold.

{{gwi:483611}}

Alc imperialus x Tarawera - I love the colour on this one.

{{gwi:483612}}

{{gwi:483613}}

{{gwi:483614}}

{{gwi:483615}}

{{gwi:483616}}

Ae. Little Harv seems to flower forever

{{gwi:483618}}

Quesnelia. quesneliana

{{gwi:483619}}

Comments (14)

• dooleybugs01
    13 years ago

Hi Rick,
    You have some great established broms there. That Alc imperialus x Tarawera i think is beautiful and should be registered.
    Dooley.

• matt15
    13 years ago

Great photos Rick.

• bromaholic
    13 years ago

VERY nice Rick. That heloisae is sensational; and your seed will be on it's way in a few weeks.
    The Alc imperialis x Taraweera is as you say a great colour. I did some investigation into this cross and was told you got the best coloured one - well done! I agree re Little Harv; mine has flowered for ages also.
    What is the BIG dark black/purple Neo (?) in background of pic 4 mate?

• paul_t23
    13 years ago

Hi Rick,

Some lovely plants and it's great to see those ones on the mounts really starting to do their thing nicely. I also have to agree about that imperialis x 'Tarawera'. Stunning colours. Thanks for sharing them.

Cheers, Paul

• graykiwi
    13 years ago

Ditto that, great pics Rick !
    ...While you're there answering re the big dark Neo,...
    1. what are the big pinkies on the left in the same pic 4 ?
    2. what is the vase shaped peach coloured beauty in the centre of pic 7 ? (just left of the pinkie)...She's looking quite nicely spiny and very nice form !!...pascoaliana hybrid or something similar ?
    Cheers
    Graeme

• bob61
    13 years ago

Beautiful plants Rick I like the Alc. hybrid also. The Quesnelia in the last pic. is as good as they get. What is the red plant next to the tree with the wild looking bark in pic. five? What is the tree also?
    Best Bob

• sdandy
    13 years ago

Nice lookers there Rick. Love the mounted ones on that branch in the 6th picture.
    -andy

• brodklop
    13 years ago

Hi Rick,

Great photos. Thanks for posting. The red Quesnelia look great. Good colour.

Cheers

Brod

• splinter1804
    13 years ago

Hi Rick,

I too love the big pinkies on the left in pic 4, and I think the mounted plants really look supberb. Thanks for sharing them with us.

All the best, Nev.

• rickta66
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everybody,

Shane, I picked well that day - the other imp x taraweras that Bruce had would be worth a look.
    The purple Neo is one I got from my mother, she lost the tag - it has the form of Morris Henry Hobbs/Knockout etc but has a nice purple colour. You are welcome to a pup when mine pups - it is a bit of a slow pupper.
    {{gwi:483620}}

Graeme,
    The pink plant is a fairly common Neo - I don't know the name, it's probably similar to tricolor. Soft leaves but handles the sun well. The vase type is Ae. Little Harv - it colours up very nicely in summer - both grown ephically and fairly hard.
    {{gwi:483621}}

{{gwi:483622}}

Bob,
    The tree is an appropriately named Leopard Tree, the red plants are young Neo. Morris Henry Hobbs.

{{gwi:483624}}

Rick

• User
    13 years ago

Rick, the Alcanterias are beautiful, didn't realize there were so many color variations. What's your weather/humidity like?

• rickta66
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Gonz,

I think Brisbane weather is similar to Florida, Sub-Tropical climate not too humid, summer averages 22c 72f - 30c 86f, winter averages 8c 46f - 22c 72f.

The Alcantareas seem to love a cool change with warm days.

Rick

• bromadams
    13 years ago

Florida is very humid.

DATA FOR THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE OFFICE (WEST MIAMI)

...TEMPERATURE DATA...JULY 2010....
    AVERAGE FOR THE MONTH ............. 85.0 DEGREES.
    AVERAGE MAXIMUM ................... 91.7 DEGREES.
    AVERAGE MINIMUM ................... 78.3 DEGREES.

• malleeaustralia
    13 years ago

Always a pleasure to have a peek into yr garden. cheers

Sponsored
More Discussions