Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bromsofnq

Maybe a successful trial........

bromsofnq
15 years ago

Hi Plant Lovers,

I think we've got this working now, so have downloaded a few of our broms for your perusal, enjoy......

Ist photo is 3 of our flowering Vriesia Splendens, 2nd is Aechmea Chantinii, 3rd Tillansdia Rothii, and the last one a mixture in our garden. Thanks for waiting patiently for us to get this worked out, special thanks to Lisa for her helpful suggestions and HDD as well. Janet and Steve

{{gwi:485113}}

{{gwi:485114}}

{{gwi:485115}}

{{gwi:485116}}

Comments (28)

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

You did well except for, If you move the image inside the photo album or delete it it breaks the link to garden web

• kerry_t_australia
    15 years ago

Janet and Steve - congrats on successfully posting your photos finally, and showing us such a treat of a brom garden. Breathtakingly beautiful! I especially love that last photo of your broms en masse in the garden - so tropical, lush, and natural looking. The layered effect works well to highlight them.
    Gorgeous! Thanks!

Cheers,
    Kerry

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

Kerry I am glad you see the photo's I don't

• kew_tip
    15 years ago

Neither do I, HDD

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Neither do I. How about sharing whatever it is you've been smoking, Kerry? ;-)

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

roflmao !!!!!!!!!!! or is it in the cookies?

• kerry_t_australia
    15 years ago

LMFAO!!!!
    Too early in the day for THAT, folks! - still chuckling..

But I really do see them! They are BIG and clear and fantastic!

Does anyone else see them?? My imagination is not THAT good..

K

• brom_phil
    15 years ago

ok kerry i am only gessing but do you have firefox that might be making the difernt dont know why but i want to see the pick to you will have to explain thm to us so we know what were looking at

• kerry_t_australia
    15 years ago

Thanks Phil - at least someone believes me...LOL
    And yes I do use Mozilla Firefox as the web server, so maybe that's it.
    The first pic shows three V. splendens in a row, with developing orange-red flower spikes, and some mini neos behind them on a sloping bank.
    2nd pic shows a very healthy green and silver striped Ae. chantinii with bright orange bracts, close to flowering. In the background are glimpses of more shady garden.
    3rd pic shows T. rothii mounted on a trunk, with some smaller tills above it, in bright sunlight - colours are a bit bleached.
    4th pic shows a huge collection of mostly shade-loving broms, landscaped very naturally on what looks like a fairly steep bank, with a large log in the foreground. On one of the narrow tree trunks, tillandsias and mini neos have been attached - looks great. There are flowering guzmanias, vrieseas, and what looks like a flowering xGuzvriesea 'Marian Oppenheimer', also known as xGuzvriesea 'Jeannie' in Australia, in bottom left-hand corner of pic. Above the bank, in top right-hand corner,filtered light shines through palms and rainforesty-looking greenery.

Call me psychic or psycho!

Please confirm these photo descriptions Steve and Janet - my reputation is at stake!

Cheers,
    Kerry

• atmccmn
    15 years ago

I see nothing!!!

• brom_phil
    15 years ago

no prob kerry i did a computer coures once and was realy into it still am any way i learnt what to expect with them and that is that they are unpredictable and a lot of a waist of time even though i am having fun editing a computer game right now. dont know why hope fire fox works for me to got my fingers crossed

• brom_phil
    15 years ago

hmmm fire fox did not work for me not sure but i did click on one of your images bromsofnq and i could only find one pick on you profile there have you put a password on a hidden folder or something like that. kerry i still belive you.

• ozvon
    15 years ago

I see nuthin' - sounds good tho'

• rickta66
    15 years ago

psycho Kerrie,

I can see the last Photo which looks pretty good, I wish I could see the first three, the fourth one is outstanding.

Rick

• User
    15 years ago

Kerry dear...that's enough now, it's time for your medication.

• jhans4
    15 years ago

Kerry

Those other folks just need to click there heals twice. I see them fine. Nice picks too.

Jon

• kew_tip
    15 years ago

I see the first two photos now!

• bromsofnq
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, Kerry definitely has seen the photos as her description was spot on, it just amazes me no-one else could, I probablly did something wrong,which of course is highly unusual uhmm, but then again it could have been a Photofucket glitch. As well as that dilema, when I was franticly trying to copy and paste the downloaded images I right clicked over the HTML code and there was an option that said something like 'hide image on downloaded cookies' and by this stage I was trying anything that looked like it might do something, anything. Well thats exactly what it did and now when I download a photo all I have is the title and the HTML code and I have looked everywhere to find a way of getting the image business back but there doesn't appear to be one. It appears that it doesn't stop me copying and pasting I just dont get to see the photo on the downloaded display board.If anyone has a clue on how to reinstate the imaged format please please rap me over the knuckles with it. I am sorry this has been such a drama and I do thank you all for your input and support, I guess at the end of the day it's all part of the learning curve and hopefully all will happen as it should from now on, cross the fingies. As a further trial I will send the photos again in the same sequence in the hope that this time more than one person can see them, same text relevant. After all this cufufal I think I'm the one who needs some medication, anyone know a good doctor?

{{gwi:485113}}

{{gwi:485114}}

{{gwi:485115}}

{{gwi:485116}}

• sander_s
    15 years ago

I see them!! I think I smoked the same stuff as Kerry.

Cool bromwall, wowzers.

• avane_gw
    15 years ago

Sander, please pass me what-ever you were smoking as I still see nothing!

Japie

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

I can see both sets now, broms everywhere! Maybe they come and go like Brigadoon...

• kew_tip
    15 years ago

I see both sets now, certainly worth waiting for! As was that wonderfully expressive word 'cufufal'. Havn't heard that in a long time!

• splinter1804
    15 years ago

Great pics - like Kerry I could see them right from the start - maybe because we're all "down under" they didn't have so far to travel or maybe it's just in the way you hold your mouth when concentrating, who knows. - Reading all the woes some people have when posting pics, someone as computer illiterate as me don't seem to have a chance. It took me forever just to open the Photobucket account. Maybe its because my computer is like me "slow and ancient". Anyhow, I really enjoyed the great pics, keep 'em coming - All the best - Nev.

• User
    15 years ago

Oh Lordy. YES! I can Seeeeeeeee......
    The initial photos are now showing too. Excellent plants if I might say.
    Oh but to live in Australia.

• rickta66
    15 years ago

Janet and Steve,

Great looking plants, the photos were worth waiting for.

Is there anything special you do with your Spendens? your bandings look a lot better than the one I'm trying to grow down south.

Thanks,

Rick

• bromsofnq
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Rick, Thanks for your comments, likewise everyone else. Nothing special about the splendens cultivation but I must say I know that it grows in French Guiana, Guyana,and Suriname but the ones born in Venezuela seem to have more prominent banding and my 4+ yr. old seedlings from those plants in the photo have an all over red blush as well. I'll post some photos of them when I get round to it for you, I could send you one if you like and see how it goes down there.

Regards

Steve

• brom_phil
    15 years ago

hey Kerry that stuff you smoked really fixes the problem i can see both sets now

• bromeliaddict
    15 years ago

Janet and Steve,
    The pictures were well worth the wait. That 4th pic would be my dream backyard!

Paul