Mon, Aug 2, 10 at 7:31

Thanks!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aechmea ID's needed ASAP

Hi Gonzer,It looks a lot like my Aechmea Felicity.

o

1) something with fasciata
2) xNeomea Popcorn?
3) Sort of looks like Tropic Torch

o

Hi Gonzer ,Francess was almost right on the first photo / plant ,that is Ae. " Felicia " ( not Felicity )the others i have no idea ,

o
Me Again

I didnt mention Felicity is a fasciata cv.Cheers

o
RE: Aechmea ID's needed soon

Gonzer, is #3 spineless? If so, then it will certainly be a fasciata hybrid.

o

I can't comment on the name of the first one, but it certainly looks like a fasciata HYBRID rather than just a cv. of fasciata.

Second one is clearly a xNeomea, but which one? Exquisita, Nebula and Popcorn are all kind of similar looking, and all Hummel hybrids, so I'd start there.

I agree #3 appears to be a fasciata hybrid as well, but without a flower it'd be difficult to get much closer than that.

o

Yes "FELICIA"is a hybrid of Fasciata not a cultivar ,its been tissue cultured and was bred from the spineless form of fasciata most likely " Silver King " wich is an all silver scurfed form with nicely recurved leaves , the last photo could be an unflowered plant of " FELICIA ' or " Inca " there are several others like that, its certainly a fasciata hybrid ,the plants all look fairly similar ,size varies ,with the " FELICIA" being the largest grower.
Jack

o

A. 'Inca' has a tinge of red on the edges of the leaves. Its fairly easy to see, and I don't think the other fasciata hybrids have it, but then, I'm not an expert.
I thought Neomea 'Exquisita' for number 2.
Doesn't A. 'Felicia' have a beautiful flower. Are they yours Gonzer?
BA

o

I apologise, I think I'm wrong! *gasp* it happens from time to time. I think its Aechmea 'Felicia' with the red edges, Richard, if you're there can you confirm?
BA

o

Thanks to all for the quick replies. I was helping a friend on another forum who these plants belong to.

o

Hi B.A , my god you think you could be wrong ? sorry " Inca " has the red edges
Jack

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here