Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avane_gw

More Winter flowering Broms

avane_gw
13 years ago

Let me also jump on the band wagon and show some more broms flowering in Winter.

{{gwi:486263}}

{{gwi:486266}}

{{gwi:486268}}

{{gwi:486270}}

{{gwi:486272}}

Flowered in Summer already but still looking colourful, specially with the 2 pink pups coming out

{{gwi:486274}}

{{gwi:486276}}

{{gwi:486278}}

{{gwi:486280}}

{{gwi:486282}}

{{gwi:486285}}

And not flowering, but nice colourful anytime of the year

{{gwi:486289}}

{{gwi:486292}}

And not a brom but the first time flowering for me in may years

{{gwi:486293}}

And this is what the day looks like here today

{{gwi:486296}}

Japie

Comments (14)

• hotdiggetydam
    13 years ago

Looks like brom heaven :)

• User
    13 years ago

Where's the "swoon" icon????
    Absolutely stunning Japie!

• splinter1804
    13 years ago

Hi Japie,

What a great visual treat, and your garden is really spectacular, how do you manage to drag yourself away from it? Thanks for brightening up my day.

All the best, Nev.

• cecilia_chl
    13 years ago

Your garden is an inspiration!

• matt15
    13 years ago

Great photos Japie. Everytime I see a shot of your front yard I can't help but to want to walk through your rainforest masterpiece. Should this ever happen you'll need to throw me out at dusk and frisk my clothing for any wondering pups.

• avane_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the nice comments! And Matt, the garden is getting a bit crowded at the moment, so you're welcome anytime for a walk-through and I promise I won't frisk you!

This morning, everything was wet and washed clean from the rain and there was a break in the clouds for the sun to come through. So I promptly got out my camera for another walk-through, but I had barely started when the rain started to come down again!

{{gwi:486299}}

And I forgot to add this one, specially for Gonzer. So you can get the 'whole picture' of one of the tillies I bought on your recommendation. Good choice!

{{gwi:486301}}

Japie

• paul_t23
    13 years ago

Hi Japie,

Your garden has always been inspirational and this time is no exception! Please don't ever hesitate to show more pics. Just love all the broms, especially 'Groucho' and that pic of the Till in flower, and I just love the garden overall, but that Jelly palm really sets things off. After being inspired by pics of your one some time back I managed to get my hands on some seed. Now I guess I'm in for a bit of a wait! Ah well, if I can end up with one that looks half as good as yours, it will be worth it.

Thanks again for sharing. Cheers, Paul

• graykiwi
    13 years ago

Yeah awesome pics Japie...love your 'Groucho' to bits...hope you won't be too groucho when the AB's give your bokkes another lesson in couple of weeks hehe. ;-0

• User
    13 years ago

Thanks Japie, recurvifolia has just about the most colorful bracts. BTW, is that palm in the front a Hyophorbe?

• avane_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Gonzer, I thought at first you had the most amazing eyes that can look around the bend, as my Bottle Palm (H lagenicaulis) is planted in my front garden. Then I realised I only posted a pictures of the side, front garden and that is where my Spindle (H vershaffeltii) is planted.

• LisaCLV
    13 years ago

Beautiful even in winter, Japie, and I love that rain pic! As you can see, your creativity, dedication and hard work have been an inspiration to many of us here. It's not just your private Eden anymore, we all live there in spirit!

• avane_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Lisa. I am sure you have an idea what those words mean for me at this particular time of my life.

Japie

• neomea
    13 years ago

Hi All

Having seen Japies garden firsthand I can vouch for its beauty! What makes it more impressive is the fact that the climate in Cape Town is not that great for tropicals. I live almost 2000km NE of Japie in a much more benign climate so i have it easier...except that there is 0 rainfall here in winter and the garden is not looking good at all.....

Well done Japs!

• devo_2006
    13 years ago

Excellent Japie! To have a garden looking that great in winter is real credit to you, and yes, an inspiration to all of us.

All the photos are wonderful, and I have to agree with Lisa, I just love that rain pic, it is a work of art! With the framing, the back lighting, and of course the rain. Next time we have some rain here, I'll be out with my camera ;-)

Cheers, Andrew.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions