Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tillandsia Air plant ID

Posted by DavidL.ca none (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 11:06

Hi, I'm quite new to air plants but thanks for this forum they've been pretty happy since moving here. I tried to ID them but a few I'm unsure of.
Any help is appreciated!

My ID:
#1 - T. abdita
#2 - T. caput-medusae
#3 - T. capitata red
#4 - No clue!
#5 - T. tricolor var. melanocrater
#6 - T. ionantha 'Scaposa'
#7 - T. pseudobaileyi
#8 - T. ionantha guatemala (?)
#9 - T. butzii
#10 - T. juncea

Close up on each:

#1, #6

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tillandsia Air plant ID

The photo you tag as Close up on each:

#6 is Tillandsia seleriana
that's all I know.

o

You bought plants with no ID on them? Nice plants tho..

o

Thanks! Would love some help on #3,4 and 5 if anyone knows!

Yes none of these plants came with ID. They just say "air plants"

o

A little late to the party, but I feel pretty confident on #1 and #5.

#1 - T. Harrisii
#5 - T. Tricolor

These two are really common on the market and I've seen them put in Tillandsia bundles more than once. I think #4 could be identified pretty easily if you could get a better picture so the colors can be seen. It looks like it has a flower spike which makes it pretty easy to narrow down.

Edit: Should clarify since my ID's conflict with yours for #1. I'm pretty sure #1 isn't abdita since their leaves turn red very early on in their life cycle. I also have to pull my first guess as abdita for #3, you might be right with capitata on that one. From the side it looks like it's starting to get that trademark capitata "head." Lastly I just noticed the better view on #4 and I'm really at a loss on that one.

This post was edited by naoh123 on Sat, Sep 6, 14 at 2:34

o

I believe that #8 is T. ionantha. Use Google and see if it looks the same. This is the same one I have, as far as I can tell.

I love #2 - T. caput-medusa It is amazing! Also, the color and leaf arrangement of #3 is lovely.
LG

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here