Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
half a pallet and some broms

Posted by bradisha Z10 / 11 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 19, 13 at 13:37

You can make this if you have some free time on your hands (have lots now that I am retired LOL)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: half a pallet and some broms

Wowsers. I am drooling. Thta will look even better when it fills up the space.
Good job Brad!
HDD

o

Hi bradisha - Lots of time now you're retired? I'm retired too and there's still not enough hours in the day for me to do what I need to do.

Anyway, playing around with brom's is a good start for you.

All the best, Nev

o

Looks good.
I sometimes wonder how I fitted work in. LOL

o

Hi HDD ,Nev and Sunshine I am happy to be home to really take of the brom patch, wander around the yard all day if I want and no stress :) I am loving it!

o

I'm on holidays now and just flat out. Can't help thinking of all the things that need doing that I won't have time to do before going back to work. But I'll need to go back to work for a rest break, LOL.

o

Hi
Ever tried growing them attached to trees?? Think of trying that but all the broms I have are too terrestrial and too big lol. Care to make some suggestions on species to try ?? I'm more of a fern/ orchid nut when it comes to epiphytes.
thanks gary

o

Small neos make good tree dwellers and some of the small aechmea thrive in trees.

o

Hi Gary I do have the following bromeliads attached to trees and they are multiplying and doing well, fireballs, neo compacta, aechmea correia araujoi and aechmea bert. As HDD suggested there are many other small neo's and aechmea's that will thrive on trees as well :)

o

I've got some large Neos growing in trees. It's pretty natural for many of them. Tied at the start, they soon attach themselves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here