Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avane_gw

Bromeliaceae

avane_gw
13 years ago

Does anybody in Queensland, Australia know why the back copies of your bi-monthly newsletter/magazine are not posted any more on the website of bromsqueensland.com? I found it such a nice bit of reading that I could hardly wait for your newsletter to be made available to the members because that was when the previous issue was published on the web. From all the Journals/newsletters of Brom societies, yours is the best I ever saw! Nice down-to-earth reading, plus lots of pictures.

Japie

Comments (11)

• dooleybugs01
    13 years ago

Hi Japie,
    I just got one in the mail, i think they are great as well. You can try e-mail Ross Stenhouse the editor and ask him. E-mail address is-
    rossjanstenhouse@hotmail.com

Hope you can start reading them again soon.
    Dooley.

• matt15
    13 years ago

Japie,

Fingers crossed the webmaster has been too busy to host them on the BSQ site because there was alot of discussion at meetings last year regarding the distribution and availability of 'Bromeliaceae' from a financial prospective.

On one hand members felt that 'Bromeliaceae' should be freely distributed as its a fantastic publication for promoting broms.
    On the other hand some members felt that 'Bromeliaceae' should only be available to those who contribute financially to the society.

I can't recall whether or not this discussion included Bromeliaceae's online availability thou.

• pinkbroms
    13 years ago

Hi Matt

I know quite a number of people who live locally wont join because they can get it free on line, personally I still prefer hard copy & I don't mind paying for it as it is an excellent publication as is NZ's.

Support your local Society.

Pinkbroms

• brom_adorer
    13 years ago

I love getting that little magazine in the mail, even when alot of it is over my head! I'm in it for the pictures! he he.
    BA

• matt15
    13 years ago

Yes it certainly is a fantastic publication.
    I love receiving my paper copy but I also fully support online reading materials... after all if your reading this post then its highly likely you too are internet savvy, browsing the web for online content.

If Japie doesn't post a response from Ross here I'll raise the question at the BSQ meeting next week.

• User
    13 years ago

Japie, do you mean this link here? Although there are no 2010 issues the reat are available. Only way we Yanks can see such a great publication.

Here is a link that might be useful: linky-dinky

• avane_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the responses. And for the e-mail address Matt. Round about the end of last year I did send Ross an enquiry about no more Bromeliaceae on the Web, and he responded almost immediately and posted the last two but I'd rather not nag him again and if there is any discussion going on about the online availability of the magazine in your society, I would not like to stick my nose in there being not a member or paying anything towards its publication!

Japie

• avane_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, Gonzer, that's the one. I have read them all, but you know how this addiction works, you always want more!!!

• matt15
    13 years ago

Japie,
    Good news mate and for all Bromeliaceae fans.
    After raising this question at the meeting the committee confirmed that all issues will still be available online however they are just alittle behind atm. No date was given for the newer issues but that it would be rectified ASAP.

The Jan/Feb issue can be found here:
    http://www.bromsqueensland.com/pdf/Sep-Oct_2009.pdf

And archived versions here:
    http://www.bromsqueensland.com/Bromeliaceae.htm

Cheers Matt

• matt15
    13 years ago

Correction to the above.

The Jan/Feb issue can be found here:
    http://www.bromsqueensland.com/pdf/Jan-Feb_2010.pdf

• avane_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the good news Matt! I'm sure plenty other people will also be glad to hear that they are just a bit behind time and not a case of not being available anymore!

Thanks for the Jan-Feb link but I did get that one shortly after if was posted early March already.

Japie

Sponsored
More Discussions