Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interesting T. tectorum and T. heteromorpha

Posted by gonzer (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 25, 10 at 17:19

This's the caulescent form of tectorum with a very long inflo. On the bottom is the small form of heteromorpha which finally bloomed after many years.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interesting T. tectorum and T. heteromorpha

Neat pictures gonzer. Its probably the only way I will ever see those blooms.
They just wont bloom here.

Bob

o

Hi gonzer,

Great pics and great plants. Just love that tectorum. If I could ask, have you grown that as a hanging plant, or do you have it sprawling across a surface of some sort? Fantastic specimen.

Cheers, Paul

o

It's a hanger Paul. Although I have a few specimens that have rooted on cork hanging allows the plant to fully expand 360.
Bob, don't feel bad, these guys are VERY shy bloomers.

o

I think this is the same as your first plant Gonzer. I have now started taking pictures with the label when I get a new airplant because this brain just can't remember them all....

o

Cabo, howzabout some different views of that plant? From that lone shot it resembles T. werdermanii.

o

Hey Gonzer - see if these are any better. It is in a tree surrounded with roses so a little difficult....LOL

and caulescent is a familiar name to me and not werdermanii but you never know with me... :-)

o

Well, it's not a form of tectorum, that's for sure. just from the sheer size of T. latifolia would be my guess but the abundance of scales is weird. It really looks like a monster pupurea. Let's wait for bloomage.

o

Wouldn't be an odd form of straminea would it?
-andy

o

Andy is right - found a picture with the label - straminea tall white. I'll post another picture when it blooms.

o

I've never seen an example of that plant although I've seen them for sale.

o

Woohoo! I think I just earned myself a cookie...off to go hunt in the kitchen (although I think I will be disappointed).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here