Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbyabq

Identifying Tillandsias

debbyabq
10 years ago

My first post. I was prompted to join by androsera's questions. There is a website of an air plant seller that has a link to a photo-sharing website where the seller has posted hundred of Tilly pics in alpha order. I don't know if I should mention the site, so I won't unless permitted to. It could help one identify plants and maybe chose new ones to buy.

I've ordered Air Plants on line several times. One seller packs them in brown paper bags with the name of the plant written on the bag and the number of plants I ordered that are to be found in the bag. With my first order I realized I could quickly forget what was what (particularly the ionanthas), so I propped up each bag so the name was visible and put the plant or plants (like 3 ionantha Druids) in front of it and took (digital) pictures. For each plant/plants I did this, each time I got a shipment and I later downloaded them onto my computer so I can refer back to them at my leisure. This system can help with other plants as well.

If androsera's plants did not come identified (which is almost criminal), maybe they came with a packing list, or maybe the original order is still available with names. If we had that list, we could help to identify the unknown plants.

More on my own collection later, I just wanted to address this one topic :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions