Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
matt15_gw

Neo ID#2 Please

matt15
14 years ago

Could anybody here please help me ID this Neo?

I've always believed this to be either the Species concentrica or a concentrica hybrid. Its one my dad has had in his garden for many years and these are my own growings. I don't have any flowering atm i'm sorry. The more sun the lighter green the leaves get along with purple markings of bars and spots.

I've seen a few Cultivars i.e. "Hugo" and "Stars & Bars" but i'm not convinced. I've seen afew Stars & Bars with bugger all markings compaired to mine below.

Thx in advance,

Matt

{{gwi:474498}}

{{gwi:490458}}

{{gwi:490459}}

Comments (7)

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi Matt,

I can't help you with a name but I love the nice compact, symetrical form and the wide leaves.

All the best, Nev.

• LisaCLV
    14 years ago

I can't tell you anything either, Matt, besides what you already know-- either a form of concentrica or one of its hybrids. There are so many forms and so many hybrids that I have a hard time sorting them out.

• graykiwi
    14 years ago

Matt, Sorry, ditto re Nev and lisa above, it's impossible to name these except calling them 'Concentrica Hybrids'....unless you can be assured of name tags etc.

The markings on these types of neo are quite variable, so it's hard to pinpoint a name by the amount/type of markings. They will also normally get darker and more widespread as the plant matures and is also relevant to how much sun/heat they get. Eg; 'Takemura Grande' will start off very green, (like your younger ones shown) then go dark purple almost all over its leaves near flowering if in full sun. They are quite hardy as you probably know, so don't be afraid to give them lots of sun to bring out the bandings and spots.
    Cheers
    Graeme

• pinkbroms
    14 years ago

Hi Guys

Matt your plant looks very much like a plant that was known as Neo. concentrica 'Leopard', recently registered as Neo. Catlan's Leopard.

But as they say there are a lot of 'concentrica' hybrids.

Pinkbroms

• matt15
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thankyou all for the replies.

Nev thx for the positive feedback. Given this is one of my first grown broms I was considering entering it into the Qld Brom society meet once it flowers.

Graeme I totally agree... sun, sun and more sun for this strain which will reward me with more markings.

Pink I've had alook at Catlan's Leopard and thats certainly a gorgeous brom. Unfortunately I don't think its a match but its certainly one i'd love to add to my wish list. Those markings are amazing.

Cheers Matt

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi Matt,

I think we would all like to see another pic of your first plant when it flowers, how about it?

All the best, Nev.

• matt15
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Certainly Nev, i'd love to post a pic once it flowers which should be this year.

Cheers Matt

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services
More Discussions