Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cecilia_chl

Do you know this neo?

cecilia_chl
13 years ago

Hi,

I bought this neo without a tag and it was all green. It has turned into a beauty after a year here. Do you know the id of this brom?

Cecilia

Comments (12)

• cecilia_chl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

the pics,

{{gwi:490613}}

{{gwi:490615}}

{{gwi:490617}}

• bromaholic
    13 years ago

It looks very close to N Donna to me.

• LisaCLV
    13 years ago

How true is that color, Cecelia? Donna is more of a lavender-pink, but it's a hard color to capture in a photo. It seems most likely it's one of Grant's hybrids, but it also looks very close to Momona.

• hotdiggetydam
    13 years ago

Your plant looks like CORAZON to me but where you got the plant might give a solid ID.

• marleneann
    13 years ago

Can not help with an ID but it sure is pretty.

• cecilia_chl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi,

Thks for all the feedback.

I've N. Donna from Michael. Yes, Lisa, Donna's pink is darker than this.

This plant came from Philippines. I did not photoshop it, so the colour is true. Let me show some pics for comparisons.

Not sure if these pics help,
    My NOID beside N. Purple Star
    {{gwi:490619}}

This pic is taken in low light, my NOID is at the top left, beside the spanish moss.
    {{gwi:490621}}

• cecilia_chl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Some are pups. The 2 in the center are NOID.

Right bottom corner is cotton candy, pup.

{{gwi:490623}}

• marleneann
    13 years ago

I am just getting into growing broms so I am not very knowledgeable on the subject. It looks like one I am wanting to purchase and it goes by the name of Neo. Debbie (Pink form)
    You might like to check that one out.

• cecilia_chl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi,

N. Pink Debbie is a smaller neo than this. I have pink Debbie as well, it is nice neo, u shd get it!

• limbobby
    13 years ago

Hi Cecilia

It looks like Neo Victoria Pink. I have got one in the garden but the leaves at the top is a shade darker and the other leaves below is sort of brownish green. Also notice your Neo Purple Star not very purplish. Perhaps it could be due to lack of sunlight. I am from Singapore as well but I grow my neos in Chiangmai, Thailand.

Cheers

• splinter1804
    13 years ago

Hi cecilia,

I can't help you with any names, but I would like to compliment you on your wonderful collection of colour,especially the two NOIDS in the last pic. it's just amazing and really great eye candy for my old eyes.

Thanks for sharing, all the best, Nev.

• cecilia_chl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi limbobby,

It could be Victoria Pink, thks for the lead!

This purple star in the last pic, is almost burnt by the sun, see the brown marks on the lower leaves. Over here, I have to grow Purple star is semi shade, if not it look washed out.

Hi Nev,

Thks for your kind words! Those neos brighten up my days too!

Cecilia

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm
More Discussions