Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisaclv

Fall colors

LisaCLV
14 years ago

Gotcha! It's another quiz. ;-)

As autumn approaches in the northern hemisphere, let's see how many of these fiery beauties you can identify. (Clue: one is my hybrid, and yes, it's registered)

#1)

{{gwi:491578}}

#2)

{{gwi:491581}}

#3)

{{gwi:491583}}

#4)

{{gwi:491585}}

#5)

{{gwi:491587}}

#6)

{{gwi:491589}}

#7)

{{gwi:491591}}

#8)

{{gwi:491593}}

#9)

{{gwi:491596}}

#10)

{{gwi:491598}}

Comments (9)

• udo69
    14 years ago

Hello Lisa,
    I missed the last boat. Now I'm the first to take your boat. Let's me guess. ;-)

#1 Till.capitata Rubra
    #2 O.Brittle Star (Your hybrid)
    #3 N.Tunesia
    #4 Ae.Valquero (I'm not sure about spelling)
    #5 N.pheasant
    #6 x Anamea scorpio
    #7 Al.vinicolour
    #8 N.johannis
    #9 Hohe.castelanosii
    #10 Ae.triangularis

Cheers
    Yong

• avane_gw
    14 years ago

And my try:

#1 - Till brachycoulos
    #2 -
    #3 - Neo Tunisia
    #4 - Aech Vaquero
    #5 - Neo Pheasant
    #6 -
    #7 - Alc vinicolor
    #8 - Neo johannis
    #9 - Hoh castellanosii
    #10 - Aech triagularis

It seems I just repeated what Yong said, but I guess he got full marks!

Japie

• gonzer_gw
    14 years ago

Lisa, all I would like to know are the specifics of your shots. What kinda camera, lens, and settings. Those photos are worthy enough to frame.
    I'm not guessing any answers since my head still hurts from your last quiz.

• LisaCLV
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow, I guess this one was too easy!

Yong, you got them all except #3! Care to take another guess?

Actually the first one I have tagged as T. capitata 'Marrón', but that's close enough. I tried to confuse you guys with the Neo. johannis/Hoh. castellanosii pics, but you're too good. ;-)

Gonzer, I am camera illiterate. The last pic was from my old camera, a Canon PowerShot A75, which I have since replaced with the smaller SD1000. I just let it do all the work. Sometimes it gets it right, other times not so much. One of these days I'll have to actually read the manual.

• graykiwi
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa,
    I missed the boat again sorry...(though wouldn't have got as many as Yong)...well done Yong !!
    Is #3 'Groves Red Tiger' - if it's not Tunisia ?...another favourite neo of mine on my "must get soon" list !
    Graeme

• udo69
    14 years ago

Hello Lisa,

This quiz is not so difficult. You use some very common plants that are easy to guess. This quiz is less fun because of less rivals. How about the next quiz ;-)
    For #3, It should be hannibal lector hybrids or similar plants. I think it is N.Groves Red Tiger.

Cheers
    Yong

• LisaCLV
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Neo. 'Groves Red Tiger' is correct for #3.

I'd like to see more participants too, Yong, but maybe people are getting tired of the quizzes.

• paul_t23
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa, I didn't have a go at this one because I could only pick a couple, but after seeing the answers I could have picked a couple more if only I had looked a bit more closely at some of my plants. All good food for thought - I'm sure not tired of them. Cheers, Paul

• brom_adorer
    14 years ago

well, I would have played, but I'm not familiar with any of those plants except N. 'Pheasant' and I didn't even recognise that one! he he. I thought # 8 was Vriesea carlsbad, so I'll just keep lurking and learning ok?
    BA

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area
More Discussions