Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rickta66

Bill. Calaphylla or Buchholtzii?

rickta66
14 years ago

Hello all,

I have a Bill in Flower, I think it is Calaphylla or Buchholtzii but can't pick the difference using the FCBS photos - the plant gets nice bands on it, it is green in low light and goes a nice bronze colour in brighter light, height is between about 40cm and 70cm depending on light

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rick

{{gwi:491623}}

{{gwi:491625}}

{{gwi:460781}}

Comments (4)

• pinkbroms
    14 years ago

Hi Guys

Rick, I'm not a Billy man but nobody else is diving in here either, but check UD Says for B. Buchholtzii & it says "bright rose" for the scape-bracts.

It may help you make a decission ???

Pinkbroms

• brom_todd
    14 years ago

Hi Rick,
    from what I can tell from the fcbs pics, B. Calophylla is quite a bit smaller. Your plant could be Buchholtzii, or one of the other vittata hybrids.
    Cheers, Todd

Here is a link that might be useful: Uncle Derek Says

• rickta66
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pinkbroms and Todd,

Thanks for your help, I have read UD's article but will have to re-read it again.

I find it hard to determine size sometimes off the FCBS photos, it is so much easier when size is listed in the remarks or Gonzer's sandal is in the background.

Rick

• brom_todd
    14 years ago

I know what you mean about judging the size of plants from the photos, I've been caught out by that a few times. Luckily one of the B. Calophylla photos on fcbs shows the height.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:491621}}

Sponsored
More Discussions