Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who am I, please?

Posted by haxuan Vietnam (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 1:31

Would you please help identify the tillandsia below.
Many thanks.

Xuan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who am I, please?

A Tillandsia Juncea or something like that? I've noticed that sometimes just slight differences, like size, in plants that otherwise look alike mean they have different names.

o

Many thanks, DebbyAbg.
I will check further, basing on the name you suggested.

Xuan

o

Indeed it is the large form of T. juncea

o

My good luck is that a woman who grows Tillies at her mountain-based farm has decided to sell some at our local terrific growers market, the best one in Albuquerque (situated in a beautiful park only 4 blocks from my home). She has large form Junceas for sale but they're too big for me to find a place for, at least 12" long each, whoa! But inexpensive! I've picked up some other fascinating (smaller) plants from her as well and plan to share with her some of my own, like grassifolia and butzii. It seems at least locally that more and more people are interested in air plants :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here