Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tillandsia usneoides needs help

Posted by hankeat 7a (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 18, 08 at 2:33

I spray my Tillandsia usneoides once a day with rain water. I hang it at my kitchen window. Yesterday I found that 30% of it are brown. What happen to it? It's over or under watered? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tillandsia usneoides needs help

Hankeat,
I live on the east coast of Aust two streets back from the ocean and I realise my growing conditions are probably much different to yours, but from what you say I think you may be overwatering your usneoides. I have it growing all throughout my shade house and in the trees in my yard and it only ever gets rain water which is not that often and it just grows and grows.
I don't know about growing it inside but there are many others here on the forum with much more experience and knowledge than I and they will help you.
I was told by an old nurseryman many years ago that more plants are killed by over-watering rather than under-watering and if in doubt whether to water or not, don't! Put it off for a day or so. Hope this is of help, all the best - Nev

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here