Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interesting containers

Posted by blue_heeler (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 20, 09 at 3:05

I'd love to see some of the containers Gardenwebbers are growing their broms in. I have just acquired a statue with a place in the top for a plant. Has anyone else got something similar to show, if so I'd love to see some photos.
cryptbergia and billbergia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interesting containers

I absolutely love those Easter Island statue takeoffs. And for a pot its even more fitting as it looks like a headpiece or hair. I love it..!!!!!
Can I ask how much this cost and what materials its made from?

o

A really big Till tectorum forma gigantea would look superb on that guy .

o

Matt, thanks for your comments, I have answered your question by email.
I had a look at the Tillandsia on FCBS and agree it would look amazing, just like hair. I am experimenting with different looks and can swap and change the plants around as the pot just sits in the top of the statue.
Come on people, show me yours!!! I remember someone had an Aechmea Chantinii in a statue on this forum some time ago, which is where I got the idea from. I've been searching for something similar since.

o

If you like the Don King look, tectorum is great. But I prefer long hair so Spanish Moss is my choice for open-headed statuary.

o

Acanthostachys strobilacea would look pretty neat in 'Dum Dums' head (did anyone see 'night at the museum'
Tillandsia usenoides
this is my bird. The real birds keep stealing bits of him for their nests
tillandsia lindenii
This is Tillandsia lindenii in a wall hanging I got at the local Car boot market.
B_A

o

Hi BA, love the birdie. Jennie, how about sticking a c. Tiger in the statue - would make a serious headdress! Cheers, Paul

o

That would look great paul! How big (cms) is that statue?
BA

o

Thanks for the suggestions. I will need to sun-harden some of my greenhouse plants as the statue is in the full sun and we are reaching temps of 30 already this Spring. The statue is 100cm tall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here