Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
statik_gw

My First Neoregelia: ID needed please...

statik
12 years ago

I've never owned a Neoregelia, but I've had my eye on attempting to grow them. The only bromeliads I've been growing are Tillandsia, Billbergia and Dyckia.

I was thinking of purchasing this particular plant when I saw it at a nursery about 2 weeks ago. The only Neos I've ever seen for sale around here are single rosettes, so I was surprised to see a nice bushy clump. Today I happened to have been to an Art, Wine and Music Festival in the same town as this nursery. While I was at the festival, I received a coupon book for 20% at the local nursery. So I went to the nursery after the Festival and bought this guy for 20% off (yay!):

{{gwi:492345}}

{{gwi:492346}}

It already looks to have reddened up a lot after just a day of sunlight. (see pic 2 compared to pic 1)

Unfortunately, the only label on the plant was probably the most uninformative label I've ever seen, it was simply labeled "Houseplant".

After looking through pictures of common hybrids, my guess is this could be a Neoregelia Fireball âÂÂDongerâÂÂ. But I thought I should ask some of you experts. =)

Thanks in advance,

Joseph

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions