Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
US Neoregelia hyb need ID

Posted by allan4519 9, Northern NSW Aust (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 6, 09 at 5:43

Hi all, this neo has been in Australia for a few years and was sold to me as Neoregelia Scarlet Charlotte, the color is cerise not scarlet.
I know this is not the true "Neoregelia Scarlet Charlotte" even though it possibly came from the same breeding.
Would any one know the correct ID as would finally like to label it as it was named by the hybridize?

Neoregelia hybrid

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: US Neoregelia hyb need ID

The ID on your plant is correct.

o

Why do you think it's not the real Scarlet Charlotte, Allan? Hard to make a definitive ID from a photo, but it looks about right to me too.

o

Hi minxie and lisaclv, Was under the impression that Neoregelia 'Scarlet Charlotte', was actually into the red shades not cerise in color?
Looking at the; Photos by Michael Andreas on the http://www.fcbs.org/pictures.htm site has always confused me about this one.
Thank you for your input. I think the plant is an excellent plant.
allan

o

Hi Allan,
As soon as your photo loaded (before reading your post) I instantly thought it looked like Neo Scarlet Charlotte. The colour of Neos can change quite a bit due to temperature and light levels.
As Lisa says, it can be tricky to ID from a photo. Also, some colours can misbehave for the camera.
Cheers, Todd

o

Hi Allan,

I'm also think of N.Scarlet charlotte. Your plant looks close to mine. As others mentioned, the color of plants changes especially during flowering period. I think colour of flowering plants published in FCBS is slightly disorted, It's not true colour. ;-)

Cheers
Yong

o

Very pretty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here