Posted by kono77 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 13, 10 at 8:20

Hello
Can somebody recognize me Tillandsia from photo

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/6465/img0536zmniejszaczpl963.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tillandsi ID please

Most likely T. harrisii, 2nd option; T. hondurensis.

o

Oh wow, I guess I didn't see the scale of it. I thought it looked much smaller than harrisii. But now that you say that Gonz, I can see it now.

o

Andy, when the two species are equal in size it is almost impossible to discern between them. Harrisii's inflo is much extended though when flowering.

o

I have one I think may be the same - can't figure out for sure. The first picture is the one I'm not sure - the 2nd is (I'm pretty sure) Harrissi...Janine

o

Those top two are harrisii Janine, and very nice ones to boot. Hondurensis is much much smaller. Your bottom plant seems to be one of the many forms of T. capitata, probably 'Peach' or 'Salmon'. I'm no big fan of the nicknames given this species. What's important is the region it comes from.

o

Thanks Gonzer. I do have a couple of both salmon and peach. A couple are smaller than this one so I thought it was something else. As I have said before, I can never remember. I feel like writing on a leaf in permanent ink!!!

o

" I feel like writing on a leaf in permanent ink!!!"

Now there's an idea! I've got my ID's on tags, in a notebook and a spreadsheet. Triple protection for this feeble mind.

o

Hmmm, with that much scurf could it be a harrisii x capitata if not just a slightly odd form of harrisii? Here are two that bloomed for me this year.

T. harrisii #1
Photobucket

T. harrisii #2
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here